Ok, what house advice can I get here?

Heh, I used to only buy midrange CPUs, memory, GPUs, and HDDs. But since I started cutting out unnecessary expenses, I can afford to splurge a bit more on this hobby and at the same time still save money. :)

I haven't taken out a loan or used credit for anything in well over a decade now. If I can't afford to pay cash, I can't afford to own whatever it is I'm looking at. :)

Regards,
SB

I haven't taken out a loan in my entire life and I intend to keep it that way. Not because im adverse to loans, but prodigious savings have prevented my needing to get loans. However it takes a hell of a lot of self control because I have bi-polar disorder so by nature I should have spent every cent I ever earnt and then some more. :p

P.S. Are you a power ranger?

Regards,
Squilliam

cheer.gif
snoopy.gif
cheer.gif

___
dance.gif
dance.gif
dance.gif
___

And we just got the extremely large bundle of fine print from the bank and are going through the numbers now, we may just be able to pull this off. :)

Not sure yet, gotta close and get occupancy first. :p

Just pulled the trigger on the whole thing, took the signed loan packet to the bank along with all the other paperwork stuff we need. :cool:

I think we'll have about $2,800 left after we buy both houses, but it looks like we CAN afford it. :)

The kids started their new school year yesterday at their new Crown Point schools. They both had good days and liked their new schools a lot, so it went as well as we could have hoped for. They're still a little nervous/shy/uncertain, but it's only their second day and at least they're giving it a chance. :)

On the downside my mornings now start at 5:30am and I don't get back home and finally done dropping the kids off until about 9:40am and I think around 70 miles later. (Gonna reset my odometer on Monday to check, but that's pretty close)

Gonna be a long freaking month. :???:

No, I haven't moved yet. No, we haven't closed yet. YES, we still plan to and YES I'm still driving 80 miles a day commuting the kids.

Waiting blows, life is sort of sucking. :(

Our banker just called to tell me the sellers are panicking and thinking of pulling out, and could we hurry things up? After consulting with Barb (our lawyer) I got a bit unctuous and called the banker back and let him know when we thought we'd be ready and if they couldn't wait fine....there are plenty of other houses for sale out that way.

Ooops, sorry. Missed this one. No, problems with clearing up an old credit card debt that screwed up our credit rating. No money owed, just didn't get something or other signed or faxed to the right people. Very annoying. :???:

For up-to-date news, well I'm tired and I only get a little time for a nap so I'm just cut/pasting from my EB post:

Well, I think it's good news...I'm just too tired and have been burnt too many times to work up much enthusiasm. Talked to our lawyer this morning and we have all the right papers from all the right places overnighted to the courts yesterday and signed as of an hour ago by the judge that needs to sign such things and is waiting to be picked up by the court clerk to be taken to the clerk's office where our dude from the bank is gonna pick them up and then give us our clear to close....

...and then they're gonna give us a call and set up a close date. :rolleyes:

But it's serious this time, she said she expects us to be setting up the close date no later than Monday which sounds great. We'll be getting the house we want, and we'll finally be able to move in no later than 15 days after close...which we still don't know when it is.

I think I'm happy? :?
I really think it's good news, but commuting the kids to school so much has been rough and I'm just plain tired of doing it and am getting weary of the daily drill.

Whew! Yeah, Friday at 3. Just had one more nasty hoop to jump through yesterday to make sure, apparently we need proof of insurance on the new house before we can buy it. I actually managed to get it and my wife managed to get the day off so she can make it, we are actually gonna do this now. :cool:

Just got off the phone with the banker and got the final amount we'll need for closing, and it's 3-fucking-9% under what we expected! :oops:

We're officially happy and excited now, any furniture recommendations? We can afford it now! :D

The long version of the above post, quoted from EB:

digitalwanderer said:
Got about 40 drug transfer bins, (like a big, wide cardboard box with folding/interlocking lid..but made out of hard plastic), cleaned and stacked in the garage ready to go...Chris has been getting ready for this for a number of years on that end. :LOL:

Did I mention that Chris got into an accident on the way to closing, or that the sellers it turned out were missing some document that made them unable to sell the house to us until their realtor ran down to the courthouse and got some signed documents? It was a surreal end to a nightmare journey, but it's all good now.

Chrissy is fine, the G37's front license plate holder got smashed up pretty good though when she lightly rear-ended someone....and the police report says the person she hit is responsible. True story. Also the realtor got the paper signed and back just about the same time my wife finally managed to arrive. I couldn't attend the signing since I was picking up the kids from school, but after picking up Just I figured we had enough time to make it to the title company to wish everyone good luck. We were sort of surprised when Chris wasn't there, when we went in to check they hadn't heard from her. 10 more minutes of waiting and my realtor came walking in saying, "Oh, so I see you already heard about Chris' accident."....which kind of got me and Just all worried. We spoke to Chris on a really bad connection, but I did get that she was ok and was still mobile and coming so we went to get Maddy.

I finally met your sister-in-law MauiMom. I was late for picking up Maddy for the first time by 2 minutes so she was "in the box" and unhappy. Did a couple of quick and probably illegal maneuvers to get into the over parking lot, the parents lining up to pick up their kids spills out for about a 1/4 mile into the road if you're late and I was in a hurry/panicking a bit so I just went around 'em and parked in the lot. (Socially acceptable to do there, but apparently it's frowned upon to do it late and driving against traffic through some uptight drivers. :rolleyes: ) Went running to the guard to get Maddy out of the box, ("the box" is a painted area on the sidewalk where all the children waiting to be picked up have to stand in, a safety thing. My daughter thinks of it more like a nazi internment thing though. ;) ), and she came and hugged me telling me how worried she was that I finally had an accident since I've been driving so much/fast/crazy lately. I told her no, it was Mom but she was ok. She was worried, I reassured her; then just like Just she said "How's her car?!?!".

That's when your sister-in-law came up to introduce herself, as I was shoveling Maddy into the car to go find out just what happened to my wife and if we were going to still be closing on the house. I was trying to be friendly, but I might have been a bit brusque with her. Please send along my apologies if I offended, I was just REALLY in a hurry/panic at the time.

We went straight to the title place. Chris' car was there in the front so I parked right in front of it, the front license plate & holder were smashed/cracked but the car had no damage. Went upstairs and hugged Chris who blushed and tried to ignore me, (she ain't fond of PDAs, it's just her way), and she said, "Good, you're here. Turns out we need you to sign something after all."

I'm useful, HURRAH!!! :D

The other realtor comes flying in with the needed papers as I watch my wife sign stack after stack of documents as the nice lady explains everything. Dale and Kathryn are across from us, (the sellers, good people...we've talked before), and the kids are out in the waiting room raiding the noicely laid out snack trolley. Our realtor is to my right, theirs (and our realtors boss) is across from ours. I keep making bad jokes trying to crack my wife up since no one is really listening to the legalise the nice lady is saying since we don't understand it anyways, and Dale and me started talking about their new home which their closing on right after closing with us. He has a plan for moving, he thinks it'll be in 10 days. He says I'm welcome to come help move boxes with him to speed it up, and since I'm out there with the kids every day I'm seriously thinking of committing a few hours to that. I've learned a lot from him about the house, they've been very friendly/helpful.

Papers signed, deal done. Well, Maddy kept coming in to do something or other cute every now and again, but it was very informal and everyone just laughed. Good times.

Suddenly we own two houses, and now we've got to pack. Chris has set up one of her vacations to correspond to our move date, she had to go in to work today to get yesterday off for the closing...so me and the kids decided it'd be a great day to just kick back and enjoy the last of the calm days here before moving on to greener pastures.

Moving can wait until tomorrow when my wife starts making us, today we're enjoying finally being able to relax....and we really all are a whole bunch more relaxed now. 8)

I'm now waiting on the final call, the previous owners of the house called us Friday to let us know they were moving out this weekend and thought they'd be ready to turn over the keys on Monday. :D

It might not happen tomorrow, but it'll be soon! I'm almost thinking of starting to pack. :yep2:

The call came late last night, we get the house on Tuesday. Today I'm calling the utility companies to transfer all the accounts into our name. :)

Back