I gave up: Logi MX1000 laser mice isn't for gaming, period.

T2k

Veteran
Seriously: I've tried everything but it simply didn't work out for me.

First and foremost: it's too well shaped. It's not designed for gaming, that's for sure - you don't use it, rather wear it and that's very bad for gaming.
Second: I try very hard but apparently there's no ideal combined speed/sensitivity setting for me.
THird (it was the final dealbreaker): when I made very fast movements in HL2 last night, it simply did a 'reset' and I was suddenly looking up to the ceiling.... VERY FRIKKIN ANNOYING, LET ME TELL YOU!

Sorry Logitech, I always preferred your mouses but this time you simply f***d up when it comes to gaming.

What else? MX510 is perfect, I know but I think I give a shot for a new guy: I'll get a Razer Diamondback

I hope it's gonna work out... :rolleyes:

I agree it does fit the hand, very well. It is almost too comfortable. Not so sure I like the side button, feels harder to press, and a little higher placed. Ive only had it two weeks though.. maybe I need more time.

The speed is fine for me.

Its too bad you cant get it with the diNova keyboard yet. I ordered it, and FedEX shows Ill be getting it tomorrow. I basically paid $160 for just a keyboard, since I wont be using the mouse. :rolleyes: I wanted a keyboard that didnt have the numberpad though.. and a nice one. I have to turn my mousepad sideways because my keyboard tray is too small. :(

I'm back at my trusty MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 after having thrown my MX900 across the room in frustration over all the f'n bugs in Sacred. :? Never had any issues with that mouse except inow it forgets the acceleration settings at every reboot. I suspect this is Logitech's fault though, they always have shitty software and I need to keep the driver still loaded or else I have no bluetooth communications with my cell anymore. :p

Loving my mx1000 laser mouse so far. I am still tweaking settings on it. I do think the thumb buttons are positioned a bit too high.

I find the Logitch MX700 wireless is awesome for games.

Regarding when you moved quickly and you found yourself looking up... That is caused by the mouse not having a fast enough scan rate and it getting lost with the fast movement.

That happend all the time with me with the early optical mice--I was forced back to ball mice until better mice were released: The MX700 works perfectly (very fast sample rate) and I've never had a problem.

Just my experience.

yeah the mx700 seems to me to be the best option for wireless. Loved my Intely tho. But i need all 8 buttons to function now. still looking at the NUVOs but , $$$.

I'm very happy with my Logitech Pilot Mouse (I hate wheels). They discontinued them, then a new round version came out (luckily I got that one, since I stupidly sold my old one with my old PC) and now they seem to have discontinued it again (it's only on their Hungarian site). It's got only 3 buttons but I'm used to move the mouse with my thumb and little finger and I don't want buttons there.

Cordless and optical mice are too heavy for me.

Sxotty said:
I want a razer diamondback as well, so please post your thoughts on it if you get one.
Seconded! I've had this GE bump off MS 3.0 with the dual-scrollwheels so long it has grooves worn into the buttons! (I am NOT joking!)

Not to mention this is my third or fourth one, it's just I never found any better....but a 7-button Razer?

VERY tempting, and oh so geek chic! 8)

I've got it today. 8)

So far I like it: light, very responsive.
The only thing I don't like currently is the clicking is kinda loud, compared to an MX1000, for example.

USB is 2 meters long, golgen connectors - perfect.

Driver and customization: driver is surprisingly advaanced, for ex. sensitivity can be set separately for each axis. :oops: 8)

PS: You even get a lanparty bag to carry your pet. 8)

That mouse looks killer. If I weren't a trackball user, I'd definitely check it out. By the way, I can't seem to see all 7 buttons. From the pics on the site, I can see the two large mouse buttons, the scroll wheel, and one on each side (totalling 5 buttons). Are there two buttons on each side? Is the camouflag-ish design hiding a button or two?

SmuvMoney said:
That mouse looks killer. If I weren't a trackball user, I'd definitely check it out. By the way, I can't seem to see all 7 buttons. From the pics on the site, I can see the two large mouse buttons, the scroll wheel, and one on each side (totalling 5 buttons). Are there two buttons on each side? Is the camouflag-ish design hiding a button or two?

Yes, sides have two buttons - it's a longer something, buttons at the ends.

T2k said:
Are they easy to hit without changing your grip? I mean, can you hold the mouse and hit all the buttons without any big efforts?

Also, how "clicky" is it...and is the scrollwheel silent? :|

digitalwanderer said:
T2k said:
Are they easy to hit without changing your grip? I mean, can you hold the mouse and hit all the buttons without any big efforts?

Actually this review didn't like the side buttons. Pretty much the same gripe I have with the MX series of Logitech mice. If you have to lift your thumb off the mouse to press the side buttons, you've lost a proper grip and thus control of the mouse.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
digitalwanderer said:
T2k said:

Actually this review didn't like the side buttons. Pretty much the same gripe I have with the MX series of Logitech mice. If you have to lift your thumb off the mouse to press the side buttons, you've lost a proper grip and thus control of the mouse.
realy? well i guess everybody has there own skill. Never lost/loose my grip at all.

digitalwanderer said:
T2k said:

Ehhh... sorry for late answers...

You need to raise your finger to use the side buttons as I remember - I'm @work currently - but since I don't use the side buttons actually, it's perfect for me, it doesn't bother me at all during gaming.
IIRC yes, you can hit all of them without changing your grip - more later on this, after I got home.
Clicking isn't annoying but a definite "click" noise - it's not Logi's quiet, intim clicks. :)
Scrolling is quiet, thanks God.

Back