Hybrid cars should be banned

ZAP!

moz-screenshot-3.jpg
zap-alias-electric-car-2.jpg

I want one!

Because it's a hybrid. You can fill it up with gas, and it's extremely efficient. ;)

It has a very high-spec battery pack and wheel hub motors (the wheels are just about as heavy as normal ones with brakes attached), and a small, efficient gas engine as generator.

Of course, if you were to go all-out with it, it would get a whole lot less range.

Ah oke that makes sense then, I thought it was battery only.

Why don't you get yourself one of these here instead of a hybrid. It's cheaper and more efficient, though the comfort level is lower than in normal cars (no AC, etc.)

Why don't you get yourself one of these here instead of a hybrid. It's cheaper and more efficient, though the comfort level is lower than in normal cars (no AC, etc.)

You can't get yourself one now though. By the time that is available, the new Prius is also likely to be finished, which is expected to do something like 2.5l/100km, while at the same time being bigger again (starts to look like a small van) than the previous one apparently.

In Germany though road tax I think is now linked to how much CO2 it coughs up, so in that respect this car is a win. (The Prius does just about double that, but it also weighs more than double that and has all modern comforts of course.)

I don't believe that with 4 hours of pure electric drive, no way in hell.
I think that is if you drive as slow as it goes. But it is pretty good:

It has 21 KWh of power in the battery, constant driving at highway speeds takes roughly 10 KWh (depending on the weight and aerodynamics) and it has regenerative braking, so 2 hours of normal driving should be possible.

Back