How to rip DVDs?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Now that my DVD playing problem is over, I want to rip DVDs that I borrowed from my cousin. How do I do it? Which format to covert into? MPEG4?

In the meantime I am also looking around on web.

AnyDVD will remove the copy protection, DVD decrypter will do the same but has to copy the files to the HD. From there on, you can convert with one of the many DVD --> AVI conversion proggies. Look at www.divx-digest.com for all the utils you can imagine.

Doom9.org

There are many single-click (not really) apps that will help you do this, but to make good conversions requires some skills and manual (divine) intervention. Read up and test on some smaller samples until you get the hang of it.

DVD Fab is pretty decent, will even compress a DVD9 into a DVD5, minimal quality lost, and you get the extras that were on the disc too.

Andy said:
DVD Fab is pretty decent, will even compress a DVD9 into a DVD5, minimal quality lost, and you get the extras that were on the disc too.

Clone DVD does it as well, very fast too.

_xxx_ said:
Clone DVD does it as well, very fast too.

I've been using Nero for years and it's very fast and reliable, with great image quality (when shrinking DVD9 to DVD5). But the other way round - making DVDs out of MPGs and AVIs - is just plain BAD and slow.

Yeah, but CloneDVD does it "on-the -fly" while copying and with very good quality.

Nero is only useful for burning and nothing else...

_xxx_ said:
Yeah, but CloneDVD does it "on-the -fly" while copying and with very good quality.

Nero is only useful for burning and nothing else...

Yeah, i second cloneDVD. It will rip anything. Has never failed me once.

Back