How has this site grown to be the most credible site...

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
on the internet?

I see many journalists mention this site over and over everytime they need answers to questions about 3d hardware and so forth.

It's like this site is the holy grail of 3d graphics.
How did this site build up so much credibility? Surely it can't be only because of Dave's articles?

K.I.L.E.R said:
How did this site build up so much credibility? Surely it can't be only because of Dave's articles?

The credibility was already there before Dave even joined :D

Errr... :oops:

I think B3D's success is due to a number of things from quality articles to the forums.

The truly remarkable thing is the job done by the forum mods, including Wavey. I'm amazed that B3D has been able to keep high level technical discussions from being over run by questions like which video card should I buy. By keeping knowledgeable people contributing in the forums it has added more credibility than the staff alone can provide.

Our "success" stems from the fact that all B3D staff are more matured compared to other websites.

:) :) :) ;)

Seriously though, I think it is down to B3D staff that are truly :

1) interested in 3D
2) interested in providing really relevant information
3) curious about the 3D industry

From there, a "certain kind of people" gets attracted to our site and they are the excellent forum participants that we see currently. Not only do certain regular participants truly know what they're talking about but the fact that they do prevents "noise" generation (folks get intimidated... and I for one think this is a good thing since the result is less noise and more focussed discussions).

Our article content helps perpetuate what Beyond3D has become but I would be surprised if any B3D staff denied that our forums, with its partipants, didn't either help with that perpetuation in and of itself, or didn't help B3D staff improve their writing and investigative skills.

Rev, you do know that 99.99% of the board users have a Ph.D or BSc in something or another? :LOL:

Our "success" stems from the fact that all B3D staff are more matured compared to other websites.

This may be a joke but even so, I whole heartily agree. You guys all seem to be over 50 or something. I think I am the only person who is under 20 here. :LOL:

You guys sometimes tend to get so serious to the point I worry about you guys dying of a brain tumor. :cry:
As long as you guys are having a good life. :)

2) interested in providing really relevant information

This is the sites MAJOR strength. I can come here and get serious answer about anything and everything. From physics to 3d graphics.

I try and get help from other sites in the past and all I recieved were smart ass answers and thread crappers.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you all putting the time to run the site and help out.

This may be a joke but even so, I whole heartily agree. You guys all seem to be over 50 or something. I think I am the only person who is under 20 here. :LOL:
Oh, I wasn't talking about age -- I have never had any doubt that maturity sometimes have nothing to do with age. I mean, examples are like Doomtrooper <-- couldn't resist, sorry! :) :) :)

You guys sometimes tend to get so serious to the point I worry about you guys dying of a brain tumor
I'm not sure if you meant the B3D staff or some of the forum regulars but instead of looking at us as "serious", try "passionate". Some here have a passion for 3D as a hobby, for others it's their career.

I'm not sure if you meant the B3D staff or some of the forum regulars but instead of looking at us as "serious", try "passionate". Some here have a passion for 3D as a hobby, for others it's their career.

Yeh, I ment you guys should take some time out and have fun. :)
I am sure most of you guys also have family. :)

In addition to the excellent staff and very high quality articles at B3D, it has gained its reputation because it has done what it does for many years. B3D had some really lean and troubled times back when there was transition in staff, but it kept its focus and a core of folks who stayed in the community.

On the internet if you survive for more than a few years doing one thing and doing it well, you become a pretty regular name simply because you have outlived much of the competiton. B3D has emerged from what appeared at least on the outside as almost a virtual site death... and it emerged stronger, with more content and community than ever before.

The B3D staff works awefully hard to keep the momentum moving at the site, and it is really nice to see B3D and its staff getting the recognition they deserve for all that work.

Back