How do you find the stuff you like or want?

Frank

Certified not a majority
Veteran
Everyone uses a search engine like Google, right? Before they existed, I had to read all the magazines and go to the library if I wanted to know something.

Google and it's likes are one of the best things that ever happened to humanity.

When I have made up my mind by reading the reviews and forums, and found something that is interesting, I can go and see if any store around sells it, buy it, and see if I like it or if it was what I was after.

To speed up the process, you can sometimes get a sneek preview. Or you can do something we're not allowed to talk about, and see if it is what you want.

And when you know, it becomes relatively easy to buy it, as long as it's recent. If it isn't, you might be forced to use means that are only borderline legal and frowned upon. Abandonware.

But, isn't it extremely great that just about anything you might be interested in is avalable so very easy? And that it enables you to make a good purchasing decision in a very short time?

It's the logical extension to Google.

I like to hold and read books and magazines much more than viewing them on my computer screen, even on my laptop in portrait mode. Which is why there are many you can download for free. It increases the sales of them a lot. I guess most people agree to that, even the ones out to make a profit on them. Then again, books go out of print pretty rapidly. After that, you can still read them, but you don't have the convenience of a bound item.

Btw, if time is money, wouldn't you agree it's pretty expensive to hunt down the store that actually sells a copy of the thing you want, if it's introduced more than a few months ago? Unless it's in the top few percent in popularity, of course. That makes it easy.

Edit: as an example, how many of you have read the very first superhero comic?

Last edited by a moderator:
...how many of us know what the very first superhero comic is? XD (and how many would know without search enginges?) anyway, i think the fact tht almost no-one has replied to your topic illustrates its veracity. What you said is so true, that as a conversation topic, it's a non-starter! ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back