Househunting, part deux

digitalwanderer said:
I want 4 actually, can't skip the kids. ;)

What about "New to them"? Just because it's a hand-me-down from your old system doesn't mean the won't appreciate it. Unless of course they have better monitors than you to begin with. However, I can't really see each person NEEDING a 2405fp ... aside from on the main system.

Renting is a business you have to have time to run though. Also it can get costly when you don't have a tenant.

Sell the house, invest in some dividend paying stocks, it's like rent, except you'll get more than equity and it can be liquidated with a lot less trouble.

digitalwanderer said:
I'll probably push for a HDTV, something we'll all use. :)
Hehe i think that's a good idea.
Myself, i'll but one of those new Samsung HDTVs soon, they're cheaper than all other HDTVs, look grat and well i need a new TV to go with my new flat!

Did i mention how i LOVE the flat?! :oops: I mean really, it's one of those NICE places.

My uncle sucks, he just had a whole new kitchen put in, (txntending the house for the second time), with a massive utility room put in too. Not only is it gorgeous they could a free 21 inch LCD TV thrown in. Then in the living room they have what can only be described as a mamoth of a TV. It's freakin HUGE. Nevermind the conservator, huge garden, oh and the "family" room which has the "old" HDTV.

:'(

sytaylor said:
My uncle sucks, he just had a whole new kitchen put in, (txntending the house for the second time), with a massive utility room put in too. Not only is it gorgeous they could a free 21 inch LCD TV thrown in. Then in the living room they have what can only be described as a mamoth of a TV. It's freakin HUGE. Nevermind the conservator, huge garden, oh and the "family" room which has the "old" HDTV.

:'(

"old" HDTV!? what's an old HDTV in the UK? one month old? :LOL:

We only got proper HDTVs (compliant with the HD-Ready sticky standard thing) about 2 months ago! Before that there were plasmas and LCDs with PC resolutions which "tend to work" with HD resolutions... Won't work with HDDVD or Blueray of course, and some broadcasts from SkyHD (just so your uncle knows...) :p

london-boy said:
"old" HDTV!? what's an old HDTV in the UK? one month old? :LOL:

We only got proper HDTVs (compliant with the HD-Ready sticky standard thing) about 2 months ago! Before that there were plasmas and LCDs with PC resolutions which "tend to work" with HD resolutions... Won't work with HDDVD or Blueray of course, and some broadcasts from SkyHD (just so your uncle knows...) :p

Yeah I think thats why they got the 21 inch LCD thrown in, because its "not the absolute lastest". Sounds to me the dude in dixons or wherever they bought could smell money and put a spin on the impending HD explosion.

Back