Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Finished the game, just a our trophies to get to complete the Platinum. Awesome game!

Have not played it anymore.... the kids have more then myself. Awesome game stunning graphics. Going to be another purchase on pc where il play it more myself (and take in the graphics/world again).

I loaded it up after finishing Elden Ring to try to get the platinum and got bored 10 minutes in. To be fair after Elden Ring pretty much every game I’ve booted hasn’t clicked with me. Gotta take a break and reset my mindset I guess.

I loaded it up after finishing Elden Ring to try to get the platinum and got bored 10 minutes in. To be fair after Elden Ring pretty much every game I’ve booted hasn’t clicked with me. Gotta take a break and reset my mindset I guess.
In opposite way (first Forbiden and then Elden) is also not good as I couldnt stand this underwhelming graphics, obscurity and mumbling narration ;d

In opposite way (first Forbiden and then Elden) is also not good as I couldnt stand this underwhelming graphics, obscurity and mumbling narration ;d
Well, I did finish Forbidden West first, didn't really have an effect of my perception of Elden Ring. Once the WOW factor of FW's graphics passed, doesn't really feel like anything special TO ME.

Well, I did finish Forbidden West first, didn't really have an effect of my perception of Elden Ring. Once the WOW factor of FW's graphics passed, doesn't really feel like anything special TO ME.
at least you were hooked enough to finish a game and even consider platinum, thats something

at least you were hooked enough to finish a game and even consider platinum, thats something
Not really, was just looking for something to do after finishing another game. Figured if it was easy enough I could endure a bit of boredom to get the trophy.

Would that be sunk cost fallacy, where having spent $70 or $60 on a game makes one feel obligated to play it?

We pay 80usd here, better play it if you cant or dont want to return it. They should include their games in one of the services imo. Pro-consumer all the way.

Would that be sunk cost fallacy, where having spent $70 or $60 on a game makes one feel obligated to play it?

This is exactly the reason lol. Not the first game I feel I have to finish because I spent the money on it. Plus nothing else new to play I go through my library and just pop a lot of games I have unfinished business with.

Why on earth are you playing a game that bores you? :runaway: Gams are supposed to be entertaining..

It was entertaining up to a point. After finishing the storyline and taking more than a month long break from it I thought it would be enough for me to enjoy the game again. It wasn’t lol.

Plus what Brit said. If I spend money on a game I feel I have to finish at least the main storyline to justify my purchase, sometimes it pays of sometimes it doesn’t.

I already got my moneys worth from HFW but there’s a ton of side quest I didn’t finish.

Such a game can be played then resold for at least 2/3 of the price.

Its sure not a game to sell, not for me atleast (the kids love it too). Its an awesome game technically using the ps5 features and improved gameplay mechanics.
FW doesnt blow me away as much as hzd did at the time though, doesnt mean this one isnt one of the best looking games out there or anything.

Edit: this needs MP i think.

This is exactly the reason lol. Not the first game I feel I have to finish because I spent the money on it. Plus nothing else new to play I go through my library and just pop a lot of games I have unfinished business with.

We've all bought a book, movie or game that wasn't for us. But you're punishing yourself forcing yourself to endure something you don't enjoy. Madness.

Who do you have to justify yourself too? :runaway: Life's too damn short to spend doing thing you don't enjoy and don't have to do. :nope:

We've all bought a book, movie or game that wasn't for us. But you're punishing yourself forcing yourself to endure something you don't enjoy. Madness.

Who do you have to justify yourself too? :runaway: Life's too damn short to spend doing thing you don't enjoy and don't have to do. :nope:

Again, enjoyed it at first. Grew tired of it. Put it down for a significant amount of time. Tried it again hoping to find the fun I had at first, but I didn’t.

Not the first game I come back to, heck, some I’ve even not liked at first and then when trying them again loved (Arkham Asylum, Days Gone come to mind, I’m sure there are more). And it won’t be the last, Im sure I will fire it up again. I may even purchase DLC for it if they release it, depending on reviews.

If I start a movie or book or game that grows stale, I will push through it. Maybe it will surprise me, maybe it won’t. Nothing crazy about that. Already spent significant time with it, might as well end the journey.

Play a totally different genre. I had the same issue after beating Elden Rings. I just couldn't find anything else that appealed to me until I ran into World of Warships.

This game is the antithesis of an action FPS or TP game. There was something about floating around in a battleship that couldn't outrun a bicycle while trying hit something 15 km away with a battery of guns that takes 30+ seconds to reload. All the while trying to avoid torpedos and cannon fire (that seem to take forever to reach you) in a ship that has a turning radius of 700 yards.

After Elden Rings, I needed a slow motion action game. LOL

Back