Hobbies you like that arent technical

Reading (crime thrillers mainly, go figure)
Gaming (nothing on the PC, it's all about my PSP and 360)
Coding (don't make a living from it now, so technically it's just a hobby, mostly 3D and web now)
Photography (gotta justify the EOS to the wife somehow, other than taking pictures of GPUs)
Boozing (I grew up in Scotland, it's the law that I can out drink all of you)
Rubik's Cubes (only recently, never solved my 5x5 but I can do 4x4 in a week or so on and off, and 3x3 and 2x2 a fair bit quicker)
Listening to music (I have decks and DJ a bit too -- breaks and DnB -- but not so much recently)

Earlier I wen't to the gym quite often. No pure weight lifting (hate that, too booring), but a lot of spinning, body pump, step up, aerobics, and one thing I can't translate (I don't think it exist anywhere else but in Sweden (Nordics?)) "gymping". "Gymping" is kind of like aerobics, with less coordination, but tougher physically (those I wen't to included body pump like parts).
But I don't have enough time for that now.:cry:

So the only significant non-technical hobby is Salsa dancing. I go out or practice with friends maybe 2-3 times a week, and between those times I look at videos to find new moves to do.

And no I'll go off topic, and say that I'm also interested in computer gaming and 3D graphics...
... at least in theory. I've realized that I pretty much never play any games. And while I buy every number of PCGamer, I often bring them home and put them somewhere to be read later. The other day I realized that it was a long time since I actually read one, and collected the magazines from all over the apartment. I think it was 9 unread magazines, still in their plastic bag. That's 3/4 of a year that I've bought them, but didn't care to read. (Yes I feel stupid.) :oops:

Well my hobbies generally change on a year by year basis.

This year it's 10 pin bowling. I really do suck at it, but it's great fun. Especially as it's a nice excuse to sing along to horrible 80s rock and pop songs the old timers set a playin. Also good way to keep in contact with people even if they are on the other side of town.

I never was much of a party-down-town type. I'm also not a drinker.

Prior to that, it was probably reading. I went through a time when I'd read a bit, having never really read (for enjoyment) before. I think I was reading two books a week for nearly a year. Then I one day I stopped.

Prior to that it was radio control stuff.

And prior to that it was drawing. Preferably char coal images. Although after being failed in the art class I was taking (as in getting 0, scaled up to 21...), I kinda stopped :/ I'm quite proud of those two images in particular though. I have them right here, under a powersupply.... er...

Ohh and I bike probably ~40 min/day. Mostly commuting and for shopping though.

I've always had a thing for nice sounding audio too. Please ignore the horrifically ugly case mod, that was back when it was 'in' (yes, I actually painted the inside of my case reflective blue.... *shudder*)

Last edited by a moderator:
KILER, maths was my hobby when I was 10 or so, really.

I've been playing guitar since 1984, classical education and all. That's my primary hobby and will always be.

Then I like fishing (not phishing), diving and basketball. If I was a big guy, I could have become a pro basketball player, but my 1.75m just didn't cut it :)

I think learning the guitar is hard... maybe its my hands... I always thought my fingers were nimble but guitar is a real test...

I misread your post the first time and really thought you were a perv there for a second Humus! :LOL:

This is what I read:

ROFL!!

Maybe something I should get into. Let's see, nude photos at nudist beach would qualify.:yes: Or through people's bedroom window. :sly:

Outside of school and work, both of which thankfully now require me to read Beyond3D regularly:D, doesn't really leave me a whole lot of time for anything else.

When I do manage to find time, I guess the hobbies I have are
  1. fishing
  2. swimming
  3. hiking
  4. biking
  5. Scuba Diving (once I can afford it again)

kite flying

Kites are soothing. 99% mindless but fun to do.

I also track down spies from 150 years ago (and just received author copies last week of my first appearance in a university press scholarly journal. . . woot, woot). If any of you saw "Civil War Terror" on History Channel recently, that was my wife in the last segment. . .

Gosh, I don't think I've played my piano more than 2 or 3 times a year for the past few years. :(

I too play a lot less these days than I used to. Haven't really learned any new songs in a long while. Maybe that'll change now though. I got a couple of books with piano notes on my birthday, so I can't let that go to waste.

Never watch TV but watch a lot of TV series (BSG, Lost, Heroes, Day Break, Jericho, Veronica Mars, Prison Break, Dexter, Studio 60). Have quite an archive as well.

I watch a lot of series too as of lately. House and Prison Break being my favorites. I also read manga. I used to read a lot, but I haven't had the time/been waiting for it to pile up, lately. Also I used to play a lot of internet chess, which is where I got my nick. I playing this crazy ass gambit called the Halasz gambit and managed to win a few times with it too!. My favorite remains the Smith-Morra though. Ahh I need to find time to start playing again. I probably suck now though :cry:

Back