Hobbies you like that arent technical

Writing poetry (but I wouldn't call it a "hobby"...)
Daydreaming (but that's connected with the above)
Reading (but not novels, I hate reading novel books) almost everything I can get my head on (yes, head)
Giving a hand to friends ghost writers when I can...
Watching my eldest brother fish (when he goes fishing, usually on sundays)
Cooking (actually I don't cook but when somebody else cooks he or she inevitably asks for my advice)
Listening to music...

Last edited by a moderator:
hey by technical I mean like b3d tech although building rigs and testing GPUs could be a hobby if you are not doing it for "work".

I just wanted an opportunity to get beyond the technical messageboard personas here and learn more about you good folks as people. Just on hobbies alone you guys are pretty interesting...

in the spring I want to get into flying model helicopters and such...

Reading: D.R. Koontz, Athur C. Clarke, Robert Ludlum, Tom Clancy ect.
Working out (Home gym, running)
Dirt-track racing (Got own track)
Writing poetry :oops: (She knows who she is ;) )

I greatly enjoy playing airsoft, but a lot of my friends i frequented playing with have left to tend to the business of their own lives. I also enjoy watching a great deal of cartoons believe it or not, ATHF mainly. And finally, music. I am deeply endowed in Metal. Bands such as In Flames, Tool and Opeth fill me with happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Music: playing piano, trumpet, vocal (baritone/bass)
Art: dabble in charcoal and pastels, will learn to oil paint before I die - scenery only, I suck at faces and animals
Sports: golf mostly, and as often as possible, beyond that just the occasional rec games of volleyball, bball, football (US), tennis
Audio/video: dang, that's technical, because I like designing speakers and room acoustics (do that on the side for $$) as much as just watching.
My wife: :)
My son: :)
Running? Well, not sure I really like doing it, but...
Past that I think it's less hobbies and more vices... eating, watching TV, reading a book, etc...

Back