Hitman :Absolution : I Never Left !!

I believe this was the demo from E3. Yeah it was pretty obvious that they were showing the most nooby/violent/unstealthy method to traversing the level probably just to show off some the new gameplay elements.

As long as I can get through the levels using nothing but stealth and donuts filled with tranquilizers, I'm happy. Getting a silent assassin rating requires that you kill only the targets and that you never get caught. Obviously the person playing this demo wasn't trying to show off how you're supposed to play.

Nice 17 minute developer play-through at Eurogamer. Takes place in an small old-school town. Looks like an interesting locale. Be forewarned, its a speed run for the entire level, so, if you're trying to avoid spoilers don't watch it. Much like the Chicago (library?) play-through shown a while ago this one seems to have a heavy emphasis on the less stealthy approach. But the developers give some good insight into your options and the choices they're making during the play through. They also mention a "Purist" mode, which disables the Instinct ability and hints. I'm excited about the game, Instinct mode and all.

Wow this game looks good! Very impressed with the HDR lighting, sun shaft, SSAO and high res textures. I think it's definitely using MLAA on the PS3. Looks like 720p but somehow it asks you to adjust the arrows to the side of the screen, does that mean it's sub HD?
Anyway the game is pretty fun so far, never played a Hitman game before so this should be fresh.

Back