Help choosing LCD TV

[Brick_top]

Newcomer
Hi I would like to know what would be the best LCD TV choice to put in a Bar. Here is a 3D image representation of the place

I would like it to be HD

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
How big do you want it? And what's the budget? I think that if it needs to be in a bar, it's best if you go cheap but cool... Samsung will do.

How big do you want it? And what's the budget? I think that if it needs to be in a bar, it's best if you go cheap but cool... Samsung will do.

What do you mean by cheap but cool? I'm mostly worried about good vivid sharp image quality that can be viewed from very wide angles, the budget is about 1500€, probably about 40".

I mentioned LCD but I really don't know, that's the kind of thing I would also like to know.

Cheap but cool are those sets, like the samsung ones, with a "cool" looking design to them, but very cheap. The R7x series will do.

I think you should stay on LCD cause with plasma you'd have to worry about burn-in, which for you is more risky as the set will likely be left on for hours and hours on end, maybe with static images like logo's (if you show MTV stuff for example). With LCD that worry just isn't there.

one drawback to LCDs are wide viewing angles though. Hes also problably going to want a robust audio from the TV itself which can be a problem when looking at tv's in general.

I'd problably look at plasma as well, especially considering the viewing angle.

Personally i like Panasonic for all things TV, think you'll be looking at screen sizes of about 42" as well. For that budget though you'll problably have to do some deal hunting before you find one that falls into range. Plasmas are coming down in price though.

Wait until after the Holiday season to start shopping as well, much better chance of getting a deal then. The next couple of months is arguably the worst possible time to buy something like that, unless you get a really great sale, but most places know people have money and will be spending it so not many places are going to cut prices on name brand expensive electronics. Then they go into purge mode to try to get space for 07 stock ;).

Back