Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice [PS4, 4Pro, XO, OneX, XBSX|S]

I heard the audio was good, but it's true binaural. Mind blowing really. Nothing else that I've played comes close. It's a bar raising moment for games. I will be very disappointed if this challenge isn't met by other developers.

Now optimized for Xbox Series X|S, free patch.

Relive Senua's journey and experience her world through new eyes in Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, now optimised for Xbox Series X|S. Available now with enriched visuals, DirectX Raytracing, resolution mode and more.

Had a play on our S. Did have a go on PC a while ago, found it interesting but didn't finish it. It sync'd my file from my last playthough (which is a lovely feature) but I decided to started again.

Playing it in ray traced mode. It's seems like the S is doing a nice job on those scenes that feature it. The beach after the opening is a nice showcase. After that, there's not been much that really warrant it being on, so far.

Shadows can be a little ropy.

Will this update come to any other platforms?

An update for the PC version of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is currently in development. There are no plans to bring this update to any other platform at this time.

I got the game on Steam some time ago, because I wanted to play it in VR.
I wonder if the next-gen update can be applied to VR mode. Unless I'm missing something, it would be the first VR game with raytracing effects.

I got the game on Steam some time ago, because I wanted to play it in VR.
I wonder if the next-gen update can be applied to VR mode. Unless I'm missing something, it would be the first VR game with raytracing effects.

PC patch is supposedly coming in the future.

There are strange artifacts on Senua in photo mode though. Wonder what's causing it. May do a video about it tomorrow.
Looks very nice, though they missed a trick by walking in the water and turning the eyes downward & seeing how the raytraced water handles it

I'm excited about the Chapter select. For some reason I didn't get credit for defeating Valravn on my first playthrough and I'm glad to be able to go back and correct that as well as pickup Lorestones here and there.

Back