Have you ever experienced supernatural?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Have you ever experienced it? Do you believe in SN? Seriously, is there any rational/scientific proof of it?

Deepak said:
Have you ever experienced it? Do you believe in SN?

No.

Seriously, is there any rational/scientific proof of it?

Of course not, that's the whole point of it.

There is a rational *explanation* why people think/claim they've experienced supernatural goings-on, it has nothing to do with the reality of that supernatural, it's basically the same explanation why people believe in God(s).

Yes to all 3.

I've been lifted by an Airbus locamotive train in all 3 directions.
The reason this is SN is because Airbus doesn't create locamotives, hence it's a SN event, regardless if it occured in real life or in my head.

I lived about a funeral chapel for 8 years. When you see so many dead bodies and how indsutrialised and normal death is, you just get used to it. The super natural is bourne of ignorance to reality, and an inbuilt hope of immortality... I think its also a relic of tribal religous thought.

IT be nice to think that instead of growing up with hopes and dreams and seeing them broken into little pieces as you work your life away till your 65 only to have your "golden" years end up being years of your body falling apart and after all that you finaly get to die ...

SO yea it be nice that after that you go to some big party in the sky if you were half way decent .

I experience it every time I wake up. And am awake or aware (Including the dream state there tho its usually only about 5-15 min of your average sleep period).

I have hard time getting over the fact that no awareness exists in sleep outside the dream state tho. Precursor to deaths possible total annihilation I suppose...

I have experienced the supernatural. The rational explanation for it though is that I was hallucinating and/or mad at the time :LOL:

I've had a number of what could be called supernatural experiences. I'd rather call them "spiritual" experiences because supernatural implies there's something spooky about it.

Edit:
Re. "scientific proof", that's not something which can be done. I can't think of any way to conduct repeatable tests with a control group and variable group. So that'd leave us with anecdotal stories of things that have happened.

Have you ever experienced it? Do you believe in SN?
Yes.
yep.gif

I remember one time when I was a young kid, seeing 3 "suns" in the sky. Is there are reasonable explanation for this? Maybe, maybe not, too long ago.

Deepak said:
Have you ever experienced it? Do you believe in SN? Seriously, is there any rational/scientific proof of it?

I saw a ghost when I was young, maybe around 8?

It was the middle of the day, and I was playing with a toy (a Hot Wheels cargo 747 thingo that made a cool take off sound when you held down a button). I was running about the house and ran into the lounge room. I looked up, and there smack bang in front of me was a ghost.

Hard for it to be anything but - an appiration of a woman in what looked to be a wedding dress (pretty good looking I might add!). She was staring straight ahead, right past me. It's hard to describe, but she was in a grey scale but had bright rainbow like colours cycling through her. Translucent enough for me to see the rest of the hallway behind her clearly enough.

Needless to say, I pretty much shite myself. I completely froze, and couldn't move for what seemed like minutes (though it was probably only a few seconds), I then ran to my Mum who was sitting out on the verandah at the time (I'm such a mummy's boy).

It's hard to come up with a rational explanation for that one. My mind was on other things completely, and there wasn't any chance of strange lights appearing in front of me - I was inside in the middle of the day!

So either I'm crazy or I saw a ghost. You pick!

first, we must define what exactly is "supernatural".

The supernatural refers to conscious magical, religious or unknown forces that cannot ordinarily be perceived except through their effects. This word is often used interchangeably with preternatural or paranormal. Unlike natural forces, these putative supernatural forces can not be shown to exist by the scientific method. Supernatural claims assert phenomena beyond the realm of current scientific understanding, which are often in direct conflict with current scientific theory.

A concept of the supernatural is generally identified with religion, or unorganised forms of belief, although there is much debate as to whether a conception of the supernatural is necessary for religion

Therefore, we're talking religion here. Here we go again.... :cry:

Somewhat, every strange experience I've had I tried to understand it rationally. My mind plays me some silly tricks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural

My miniature dachshund lays turds larger than I ever could have imagined possible.

If that isn't proof enough of the supernatural, then I don't know what is.

RussSchultz said:
My miniature dachshund lays turds larger than I ever could have imagined possible.

If that isn't proof enough of the supernatural, then I don't know what is.

LOL.

Now I ask you, if by any chance those turds come to life, what'll become of this thread?

Back