Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Try reading what's posted. Its obvious he said H3. No one here has the H5 beta yet. That isn't until DECEMBER 29TH.

And yes 1080p/60fps is nice.

I don't get where you're getting 1080p from, because the beta is certainly not running at that resolution.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-11-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-is-720p-60fps

I would think such a thing would be quite noticeable, especially to the people who frequent these forums. :p

Considering it's 720p right now, I have a feeling it's much more likely that the final resolution is going to end up being 900p.
He's talking about his Halo 3 experience.

Watching it now on x360 Youtube app. Some much better than Xbox Live Event app....wtf
Looked good for a Beta....not sure how I feel about all the new abilities....I was already pretty much ass without all the complexities.
Looks like they are wrapping it up...wth.

NVM--Halo Nightfall is up.

Edit: Holy crap!!! What a clusterfuck!

Vidoc bit: (aliasing was especially noticeable here)

B-roll footage

Not sure if there's a YT feed of the multiplayer match they had streamed though.

----

At this point I can't really tell what's the difference between DMR and BR - I wouldn't know if there was a triple shot coming out if not for the ammo indicator. :s

Last edited:
H5 graphics are stupendous.

I think I could accept 1360X1080 with those visuals. It would be understandable.

It kinda makes H2A already look dated though...

720p ! Now thats unexpected !
I guess we'll see what happens (they're not talking about single player either), but right now certain particle effects and even the screen-space reflections look like they need more time in the oven. Wonder if they're looking into some edge reconstruction ala SRAA (supersampled depth), though a bunch of aliasing on the Midship remake is from shader aliasing. :|

Temporal AA ought to be practically useless for multiplayer.

I guess we'll see what happens (they're not talking about single player either), but right now certain particle effects and even the screen-space reflections look like they need more time in the oven. Wonder if they're looking into some edge reconstruction ala SRAA (supersampled depth), though a bunch of aliasing on the Midship remake is from shader aliasing. :|

Temporal AA ought to be practically useless for multiplayer.
But they are calling it a 'Beta' not an Alpha. Wonder how long they have after this. When is the release date? Summer?
I wasn't expecting 720p in any case.

Gameplay wise, doesn't it look much faster and more COD like now. I couldn't shake the feeling of watching a COD match.

720p ! Now thats unexpected !

Supposedly that will get increased. Priority is to get the gameplay right, although they haven't committed to a final resolution. Need to find the quote.

For me, I'm more interested in the campaign story than the MP. I almost picked up a Sunset Overdrive bundle yesterday, but I'm convinced (hoping) MS will release a MCC X1 bundle soon (maybe).

But they are calling it a 'Beta' not an Alpha. Wonder how long they have after this. When is the release date? Summer?
I wasn't expecting 720p in any case.

Gameplay wise, doesn't it look much faster and more COD like now. I couldn't shake the feeling of watching a COD match.

Even with the new abilities, it's still very much Halo based on the pro-match demo last night.

Supposedly that will get increased. Priority is to get the gameplay right, although they haven't committed to a final resolution. Need to find the quote.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-11-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-is-720p-60fps

Not that I'm expecting much of an increase, but a lot can change in 10-11 months. Certainly, I'd expect effects work to be tweaked/polished.

Ideally, they'd cater to the levels themselves since there's a broader range of player counts and map sizes that will have different rendering bottlenecks. They might find a dynamic res works better or... if they have time to profile even more, just change it on a per-map basis.

It's possible they're playing it safe as the larger maps aren't yet done (BTB).

For me, I'm more interested in the campaign story than the MP.
Yeah same here. Wonder if they'll consider a similar approach to KZSF (30Hz toggle, higher native res)

I suppose you might consider it a real beta as opposed to those demos that get released right about when the game goes gold (*cough Battlefield). ;)

That said... "beta" should mean content/feature complete I think? Then fixing/tweaking everything.

Yeah, may be best not to dwell on the term anymore with PR butchering. :p

It's not uncommon to run pre-alpha builds of a game on a 'safe' resolution that will have nothing to do with the final... just saying...

I'd be shocked if they aren't the standard 900p-ish by launch. Hardly any X1 games are 720P anymore (the last one was PES 15 which sells like 3 copies). And I guess MGS will be whenever is comes out (same engine).

Being 343 seems to like 1328X1080 instead of 900P, that's what I expect.

720P would be too much of a PR boondoggle.

720 60 equates to ~load of 1080 30 though, so at 30 that could be running not 900 but 1080 right now. Says a lot about sacrifices for framerate...

Back