Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Halo 4 isn't good so it can't be a good replay. :p It's the reason I've never played through Halo 5.

I can remember very little of Halo 4 or 5 but that's relative to having replayed Halo : CE and Halo 3 a lot and Halo 2 only slightly less. I think as had been demonstrated by my views on Mass Effect, I am way less invested in the story of universe - as long as it's good enough to have me go here and kill a bunch of baddies, that's good. So I am looking forward to replaying the main quintology. I have a strong feeling that I somehow missed Reach entirely along with ODST.

I can remember very little of Halo 4 or 5 but that's relative to having replayed Halo : CE and Halo 3 a lot and Halo 2 only slightly less. I think as had been demonstrated by my views on Mass Effect, I am way less invested in the story of universe - as long as it's good enough to have me go here and kill a bunch of baddies, that's good. So I am looking forward to replaying the main quintology. I have a strong feeling that I somehow missed Reach entirely along with ODST.

All good. :)

Reach was very good, IMO. It along with Halo: CE are the best of the Halo games, IMO. Halo: ODST is also very underrated I feel. It offers a Halo experience that is similar to the other mainline Halo games, but different as you're just a regular ODST and not a superpowered Spartan.

Regards,
SB

Reach was very good, IMO. It along with Halo: CE are the best of the Halo games, IMO. Halo: ODST is also very underrated I feel. It offers a Halo experience that is similar to the other mainline Halo games, but different as you're just a regular ODST and not a superpowered Spartan.
Yeah, I understand that Reach is held in high regard - in this game it is actually the story that I'm interested in because it's so heavily referenced in subsequent Halo games. I know the MCC on Steam launched with Reach but I knew I would want to dive right into Halo:CE straight after.

Clearly I've lost some time as Microsoft are already upto Halo 4 in the PC series. I'm a little torn between just giving in and buying on Steam, or waiting for my Series X. In this case, I'm inclined to go Steam because I don't want a massive chunk of my Series X SSD taken up with Halo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I understand that Reach is held in high regard - in this game it is actually the story that I'm interested in because it's so heavily referenced in subsequent Halo games. I know the MCC on Steam launched with Reach but I knew I would want to dive right into Halo:CE straight after.

Clearly I've lost some time as Microsoft are already upto Halo 4 in the PC series. I'm a little torn between just giving in and buying on Steam, or waiting for my Series X. In this case, I'm inclined to go Steam because I don't want a massive chunk of my Series X SSD taken up with Halo.

Or 1 month of GPU for $1 and play on PC. But then you have to deal with WinStore.

Back