Halo 3 Trailer @ E3: Confirmed

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?cid=8471

Lars also let us try out a new map Sketch and I like to call "Jub-Jub," much to Mr. Bakken's discontent. And it's my favorite new small map. An instant classic like Lockout and on roughly the same scale, with similar pacing and feel, although it looks very, very different.

Our afternoon multiplayer test session/team tournaments have been going slowly. Team Cobra Kai pulled out its second victory yesterday, against Damian and Max on Team AI. We won, in spite of Sketch renaming KP and I's team "Cobra Cry" after beating us the other day.

I am finally starting to love the Assault Rifle (the one from the trailer) in MP. It's good stuff, although weapon balancing and tradeoffs may change its subtle variances between now and launch. And it could even be removed. Who knows? That's the normal course of development, finding what works and what doesn't. Right now, it works great.

I'd love it if they let us use the different Mjolnir armours in multiplayer. Update the Mark V and Mark VI... Not sure what to call the current armour with its changes...Mark VI - A? Even the various helmets for the elites would be nice for variety.

Colours and emblems are gettin old. 1) people will choose similar colours anyway, 2) emblems only help in team games when they're used as location markers for teammates on-screen, and 3) they're only used for multiplayer games, not including co-op. If they let the changes affect single player and/or co-op models, that'd be nice (ala Tomb Raider Legend). They'd just be aesthetic changes. It could make for some funny cut-scenes if you have a master chief with a giant smiley face on his back during a critical scene, much less a pink master chief beating down the Prophet of Truth.

Anyhooo...

samle32r41b_halo3-1.jpg

samle32r41b_halo3-2.jpg

Just beautiful.

mckmas8808 said:
Just beautiful.
That's not really comparable with the detail of Crysis though. Same with Lair's dragons or other good looking console games. They look fantastic, but the limited number of objects and comparatively simple scenery are less demanding than Crysis's very detailed jungle graphics.

Shifty Geezer said:
That's not really comparable with the detail of Crysis though. Same with Lair's dragons or other good looking console games. They look fantastic, but the limited number of objects and comparatively simple scenery are less demanding than Crysis's very detailed jungle graphics.
Well, while the scenary of lair so far is certainly lacking, the number of objects is not bad at all:

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lair01a2fc1pt.gif

mckmas8808 said:
samle32r41b_halo3-1.jpg

samle32r41b_halo3-2.jpg

Just beautiful.

Apparently there was some corruption on the HiDef trailer on XBL, so you'll probably want to redownload that and download the doc. on monday or tuesday.

Yes, beautiful, but I want to see more than a dry desert!

Deepblue said:
Apparently there was some corruption on the HiDef trailer on XBL, so you'll probably want to redownload that and download the doc. on monday or tuesday.

Yes, beautiful, but I want to see more than a dry desert!

Oh that's not my TV. I don't even have a 360. I just love that shot.

Im sorry I love Chief and all but if this board is holding true to todays graphic engines and intelligent discussions I really cannot see us giving two thumbs up yet on this trailer. Looking good? Of course, but their is nothing going on in that trailer that was better than when MGS4 first was shown. Their needs to be more than flapping signs and a crater. I need more happening on screen to stress the hardware while holding down those fantastic effects. I have faith though. ;-)

RavenFox said:
Im sorry I love Chief and all but if this board is holding true to todays graphic engines and intelligent discussions I really cannot see us giving two thumbs up yet on this trailer. Looking good? Of course, but their is nothing going on in that trailer that was better than when MGS4 first was shown. Their needs to be more than flapping signs and a crater. I need more happening on screen to stress the hardware while holding down those fantastic effects. I have faith though. ;-)

Well, considering that the MC model is lower poly than you might think so that they can spend polies else where, I have faith that we'll see some pretty hectic stuff.

And in videos and pictures of the above three!

(cough)

In any case, the corruption mentioned isn't anything big. It just affects the end (causing a freeze up, IIRC). Though both the trailer and the making of documentary will be up on marketplace soon (again for the former).

You also see his legs when he runs, arms when you melee, and your body every single time you die...which tends to be alot for me ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie did alot more with the 1st person view, letting you see more of yourself as you look and run around.

scooby_dooby said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie did alot more with the 1st person view, letting you see more of yourself as you look and run around.

Maybe they go even further than that and let you touch yourself:eek::oops:

Ok that was bad one...

Back