Halo 3 Single Player Impressions Thread (AKA: NO GRAPHICS TALK)

Sweet. Where do I find the skull? :D

The skull is located near the end of level, “The Covenant”. After you defeat the Flood, jump through the Halos in this order, where 1 = the ring closest to the entrance and 7 = the ring closest to where Truth was.

4 6 5 4 5 3 4

Upon jumping through the last one, the rings should all start glowing brightly. The skull should be on the floor just before the mini-light bridge that you activated to get to Truth. You'll have to start the level from the beginning to get it. You can do it on Normal. If it doesn't seem to work, you can also revert to save to start the jumping sequence again.

There's a new ViDoc on Xbox Live, "Journey's End". It's a whopping 753MB HD-only download for the moment.

I'm still downloading...

I was playing the new blacksite demo, the part were you ride the helicopter, like in the graw games. It realy gave a sense of scale, and i thought halo 3 should have had something like that. Sure, some of the backdrops are huge, but since the playable part of the levels are so confined you never gte the same kind of scale. The sence of scale you get seem artificial in a way. A first person dropship ride were you cover some distance would have been nice (but no on rail shooting please).

Funny, that section reminded me that Halo 3 is a pretty good looking game. Also, play co-op on the Covenant. Ride shotgun on the Hornet.

Back