Halo 3: Screenshot & Movies Thread [56k warning]

Sorry to bump the thread, but I was inspired by the "Halo 3: Best lighting in the biz?" thread on GAF. And for the most part the answer is yes, I think it is.

6021195mediumcs4.jpg

5992529mediumxs6.jpg

6030216mediumyu1.jpg

6034243mediumfc9.jpg

6205017mediumpn5.jpg

6593412mediumym0.jpg

I'll take a few from floodgate and post those next. That is by far the best looking level in the game.

Funny thing happened while I was playing co-op on my friend's 360. I need to get a video of it eventually...

brutestuckindoor.jpg

Best of the Rest: Halo 3

Halo 3 gets a bad rap as a graphically underwhelming game. One which I think is quite undeserved. It has some very uneven spots to be sure, but when it hits its stride, boy does it shine.

Select shots from my gallery:

73dkdcg.jpg

72kpobm.jpg

6wo4m7c.jpg

8a3r2ua.jpg

6kydis2.jpg

8b73o9d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
8bh1dg9.jpg

6pivyfb.jpg

7wzyhiw.jpg

There we go. Now if someone would be so kind as to post these in the GAF Halo 3 Screenshot thread, that would be dandy, I know a few folks there would appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo 3 used a double frame method for the HDR hence the low resolution to save on framebuffer space and processing power? I don't see why there was so much hooplah about making the HDR. I mean come on, is HDR that important of a graphical effect? No. It's nice to have, but to sacrifice so many other details in the process is completely unnecessary in my book. However I must have to say I do like the normal mapping on the Covenant vehicles, most notably the tanks. Very nice looking indeed.

In Halo 3's case, I think the trade off was more than worth it. Especially since games like CoD4 run in an even lower resolution.

In Halo 3's case, I think the trade off was more than worth it. Especially since games like CoD4 run in an even lower resolution.

I agree. The lighting in this game is amazing. I'm quite happy with Halo3 visual esp. given the scope and good framerate throughout.

Back