GRAW 2 demo on PSN

DJ12

Veteran
Not in all of them though.

Maybe only on European PSN at this point.

I am downloading it at the minute.

hmm.. I get an "corrupted data" on the lair trailer 2, and the GRAW2 demo will not install..

Downloaded the demo and trailer twice still the same error...

Juiced trailer works fine..

I had no problems.

The game is interesting, but this demo doesn't have a good enough framerate, imho. That does kill the fun a little.

I do really like some of the sixaxis features though. Driving the remote unit works quite well with it, and I also like how precise it actually is for sniping! Very good.

But the framerate ... hmm. But the final game is much better in that regard, I heard?

Lair trailer worked no problems as well. Nothing new there though, so you might as well not bother.

The problems with the GRAW2 demo and Lair trailer seem to be affecting the Euro PSN.
I couldn't get either of them working, and similar reports are all over the place.
For a while I thought my PS3 harddrive was malfunctioning.

Strange. I'm in Europe also after all. I did download it in the first hour that it was available.

It worked fine for me too.

But I downloaded it hours after it was put up, maybe they fixed the error by that time.

I was trying to load and install it during yesterday evening late into the night. Unless it was replaced with a working version some 5 hours after it was initially put there, I think it's been the same demo all the time.

The demo confirmed what I had thought from playing the PC version for a couple of minutes.

GRAW 2 is not for me :LOL:

worked for me too, although i got it several hours after on the N/A PSN.

also, no framerate problems for me neither. the controls felt kinda weird. i dunno, seems like a good game, might pick it up sometime if i can find it cheaper.

The demo confirmed what I had thought from playing the PC version for a couple of minutes.

GRAW 2 is not for me :LOL:

Is it the same as the PC version or xbox360 version since I was under the inpression that the PC version had quite different gameplay from the console versions?

worked for me too, although i got it several hours after on the N/A PSN.

also, no framerate problems for me neither. the controls felt kinda weird. i dunno, seems like a good game, might pick it up sometime if i can find it cheaper.

You should check out the options, you can change the controls quite a bit, including mapping all sorts of stuff to the sixaxis.

What kind of resolution are you running the game on?

EU demo didn't install but NA worked fine for me.

I liked the demo a lot. It was sufficiently long with some decent replay value.

I didn't notice framerate issues at first as the actual walkaround and gunfights aren't exactly fast paced. But for the initial in-vehicle view it was more evident.

The game itself looks quite fun and freshly deep. No problems with controls here. L1 zoom R1 fire, R3 scope, pretty common I say. :)

Motion gestures took some time getting used to but I like using them for stance changes, diving and rolling . I also agree scope tilt control is surprisingly accurate, but for the drone and the mule, I don't see much point of using tilt.

When first saw the videos I thought the game was boring as hell. Now I feel like I have to check out the original GRAW, or even other Ghost Recons.

You should check out the options, you can change the controls quite a bit, including mapping all sorts of stuff to the sixaxis.

What kind of resolution are you running the game on?
actually, the controls weren't too bad. its just that i wasn't used to the mapping of the controls and there are quite a few functions you have to remember.

i'm running it at 720p. its not a steady 30fps, but i didn't notice any slowdowns that bothered me. the darkness demo, its ~30fps a lot of the time but the framerate drops once in a while making aiming a little difficult at times.

Back