Gran Turismo 6

The best are the physics. Driving with all aids off is a joy. The worse is the lack of a competitive AI. The only thing they do is go in a stright line without fighting each other and without even fighting me.

Did they keep the same rez as GT5? For 720p and 1080p modes? Also seems to be missing alot of SS in interior shots vs GT5.

LOD's more aggressive?

Do you have comparison shots for similar interiors shots? GT5 vs 6

Tons of shots from GT 5 are here http://imgur.com/a/NKmA7

On some levels shadows are not cast on cars, on Grand Valley they cast shadows on cars, but on Suzuka they are not.
Like here: http://i4.minus.com/itoensh6jdItt.png

I don't like the way the interior lights up. That's done with some very coarse ray-casting method instead of a shadowmap it seems, but the resolution of that is just way too coarse - way, way too coarse.
I wonder if it's done on vertex level instead on pixels, certainly would make sense as they already tessellate polygons to certain size.

What you guys think about resolution, they droped resolution in UI as it looks blurred (probably to decrease loading times) but gameplay, still 1280x1080?

Oh my god ! I am a convert ! The GT5 academy was boring like hell to me but this has totally converted me ! Holy Wow ! I loved it :p !

That lighitng is so sublime and the interiors are so damn CG like ! I need all kind of assists to win, but then I am no sim fan, so I expected that. Bt GT4 and 5 had somehow never captured my imagination, but this demo has me hooked ! I loved racing in those beautiful tracks and the cars looks so gorgeous !

Does th wfinal game have snow, dust, rain, etc ? If yes, I need to save for it right now !

I really wish they kept the complex interior shadows from 5 and refined them to look cleaner. The interior shadows are almost absent or replaced with a lesser effect

How does tessellation be applied in GT6? I remember that there is also tessellation in Forza 4. Does GT6 use this technique more efficiently or more frequently? Thx!
It's most likely done with SPUs, so they can use what ever method they want.
RSX doesn't know there is tesselated objects.

I really wish they kept the complex interior shadows from 5 and refined them to look cleaner. The interior shadows are almost absent or replaced with a lesser effect

I haven't played Gt5, but yes the shadows are too soft in the interiors. Sometimes one fails to notice them. But I guess, better than haveing jagged shadows. How were they in gt5?

Is it just me or does the demo really not look that good? - the track detail is quite lackluster compared to Forza 4 which I just got (and I always complain about Forza's graphics lol).

The handling does seem better than GT5, I especially like how realistically the cars behave (dive) under braking, and the ripple strips are really 'tactile' to go over (strange thing to notice lol, but I did)

Though watching replays, the amount the Leaf leans when cornering looks ludicrous - but that might just be how the actual car behaves.

And the load times are really fast, it is running from the HDD though.

Forza 4 track looks better, but the GT5 track has dynamic lighting though (even if it is fixed in this demo).

Back