Gran Turismo 6

No, that's an actual 60fps-rendered video. The game itself runs at 60fps (and has for the last three games), and now it seems unnatural to you?

Just put GT5 and play the intro ,you'll see by yourself if it feels like in this"60fps" trailer tuned by eurogamer.If you want the same effect,you activate the "TruMotion" on your Tvset and you'll get what I mean.;)

Just put GT5 and play the intro ,you'll see by yourself if it feels like in this"60fps" trailer tuned by eurogamer.If you want the same effect,you activate the "TruMotion" on your Tvset and you'll get what I mean.;)

Read the article. Eurogamer just combined 60 fps assets which they received from PD.

Uh.. no. I know a hell of a lot about motion interpolation, and it leaves behind telltale distortions and giveaways. That video contains none of those. Unless you think it does, in which case be sure to back that up with screenshots (they're visible in stills).

Anyone have seen news about the "recommended" force feedback wheel for GT6?
Always been playing with the DS3. and I was close to finally buy the t500rs, but it's an old model and I wonder if they'll partner with someone else for GT6. No rumors anywhere :cry:

I don't think they'll go for anything higher end than the t500rs, if that's what you're worried about. If you aren't playing other racing games, just buy one when the game comes out.

Always been playing with the DS3. and I was close to finally buy the t500rs, but it's an old model and I wonder if they'll partner with someone else for GT6. No rumors anywhere :cry:

Its probably safe to expect the same for GT6 (Thurstmaster got the license in 2011, IIRC). The biggest question is when does the GT license expire and what are they going to do for GT7 (PS4)? I was taking a look at wheel reviews last week after archie mentioned his Fantec doesn't have official support. Here's what I've concluded:
  • The T500 RS has solid construction, strong force feedback and a very heavy duty feel. However it may simply be overkill. Especially for the price, and the added cumbersomeness caused by that extra bulk.
  • The G27 will probably offer the majority of features and feel someone is looking for with a reasonable price.
  • The Fantec pedals with the load cell brake offer a notably superior brake pedal feel to everything else.
So, what I plan to do moving forward is either
  • A) Get a G27 with a Wheel Stand Pro to go the cheap route to hold me over to GT7.
  • B) Get the ClubSport V2 Pedals, ClubSport Shifter (they have ABS feedback in addition to the load cell), a Fanatec wheel (not sure which one yet) and the accompanying Wheel Stand Pro. Fantec has their own mounting kit, but the Wheel Stand Pro should be infinitely more portable and compact.

Yes, you absolutely need to play GT* with a wheel. It's a completely different experience. I didn't think it would be so different.

So, Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 and Forza Motorsport 5 on Xbox One are releasing in the same year, maybe even around the same timeframe?

Hmm...

Thanks all,
I didn't know about the fanatec stuff, looks incredible, but so does the price :cry:

I'll probably get the CSL seat, and I found the T500RS for $480, chances are it'll be compatible with GT6 and Drive Club too.

So, Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 and Forza Motorsport 5 on Xbox One are releasing in the same year, maybe even around the same timeframe?

Hmm...

It's just a great way to check how we're doing with the glaring diminishing returns. Two top racing games released on two different generations of hardware and well, I don't think I need to say any more...

Back