Gran Turismo 6

Someone posted fugly desert shots of GT6 claiming it looked photoreal...lol....I'm sorry but only if you're on crack and your alternate reality is based around fake looking videogame graphics.

Clearly it is far from fugly, especially being a PS3 game. There's no need for me to defend it so I'm done. :rolleyes:

I posted shots without any effects to make it look as much as i can as I see it in game. Photomode adds AA etc, which I cannot avoid. The track looks photoreal, no doubt, and its beautiful the way it is in real life. Calling it fugly is calling reality fugly....the game looks phenomenal in majority of th e tracks, night racing is beautiful :D......and I took cue from others and discovered the igonore list feature...it works ;) !

Finished all the goodwood events now. I have 23 cars, one of which I bought (for online), earned 1.055.980 in credits. Total drive time is 6.1 hours. Total km driven 765,4 (120,5 on Goodwood, which it amusingly tracks separately) ... 143/573 stars, did two online single player events, 45 licence cups (that's 15 events btw) and game progress is listed as 30%.

Finished all the goodwood events now. I have 23 cars, one of which I bought (for online), earned 1.055.980 in credits. Total drive time is 6.1 hours. Total km driven 765,4 (120,5 on Goodwood, which it amusingly tracks separately) ... 143/573 stars, did two online single player events, 45 licence cups (that's 15 events btw) and game progress is listed as 30%.

Are the Goodwood events some kind of timed event? I mean is it something that PD has put out for some duration and will go away later? Its a separate menu item.

Nope, they unlock as you get more stars and you can earn great cars with them really quickly.

I noticed I forgot to put the wheel on simulation mode steering ... doh. Feels even better now.

In general, in terms of physics change, the suspension and grip do seem to be improved a lot. Especially gliding sideways out of the corner, which is something that happened to me on the Nurburgring in real life, is now also happening in the game much more realistically. Feels much better.

I've been driving the X-bow some more on Bathurst, great race, and at higher difficulty, the AI does a good job of challenging you. Have to be quite careful not to lose the car. I just nicely drove to first position round about the final downhill straight, only to take the hill at the end a little careless and losing it, coming in third. Doh.

Edit: the night race at matterhorn, pfew ... !

Game doesn't have enough cycles left to power everyone's light-beams though!

You must be looking at some really ugly photos then...:LOL:

It looks better than photos if you're trying to make it look fake like a videogame instead of real life yes...;)

I have had the pleasure of taking pictures at a few motorsporting events, f1 and Lemans among others. And watching many photos as well. It's not easy to take good pictures at these events, and it's not easy even when you have access to the track.

The photomode pictures here are obviously to clean and almost impossible to take without it been set up in real life. But they do look pretty awesome. Even in gt5 if you got the right shot people would ask me, is that real or is it memorex.

Fugly is full on baiting for some strange reason that I find hard to understand on this forum.

The Mission in the X-bow at night at my old favorite track Apricot Hill surprised me - great that the track has day-night too, looks fantastic on this one. I think this explains some of the slight degredation of image quality - the majority of tracks seem to support day-night!

I don't have GT6 yet, but I do have 5 as well as the competing racers mentioned here; and anyone which thinks one is clearly superior to the other can only do so because of a certain amount of bias. Each game makes a different set of trade offs depending on the compromises they were willing to make to differentiate themselves, and both have their merits and should be appreciated for driving the genre forward. But at the end of the day, neither is perfect, and advantages for each are balanced with an equal measure of disadvantages.

I have had the pleasure of taking pictures at a few motorsporting events, f1 and Lemans among others. And watching many photos as well. It's not easy to take good pictures at these events, and it's not easy even when you have access to the track.

That's why you let the pros do it and not use your own amauteur skills as some benchmark to prove real photos look worse than fake videogame graphics.

The photomode pictures here are obviously to clean and almost impossible to take without it been set up in real life. But they do look pretty awesome. Even in gt5 if you got the right shot people would ask me, is that real or is it memorex.

Photomode comparisons are pretty much pointless.

Comparisons are pretty pointless in this thread in general ...

Have to say, the handling is really top notch. Did a lap op the Ring for the first time in GT6 just now in the BMW tii Concept and it felt phenomenal. I had a very convincing spin caused by catching the rumble strip with my wheel at one point, and when cars break lose you can fight them back to grip ... handling is really quite perfect at the moment.

Had a cool fight with the AI as well keeping it behind me on the main stretch going left and right. Very happy with the AI in general, it gets better fast as you progress and almost never takes you out.

Handling is definitely completely different from gt5 to a layman like me. I would never want to go back tp gt5 handling after this. But, yes, am a car sim. Noob, so wouldn't know exactly why, but I did notice the difference when I went from gt6 academy to gt5. There is definitely an upgrade in handling, the way the car responds to u, because gt6 academy got me instantly hooked while gt5 never could.

@Arwin: all tracks except the city travks have realtime day-night cycles. U can check it in the descriptions over the tracks in arcade mode. I am unable to progress in the game thanx to the arcade mode :p

BTW, did the first coffe break yesterday, it was fun. Haven't got Gold yet !

nqrt.jpg

v2fa.jpg

8pb7.jpg

The gamejustlooks beyond amazing ! THis Willow Springs track, the desert, is completely photoreal !
This could easily have been a ps4 game if they just put in the premium cars and the tracks that are absolutely photoreal. Remove everything which has even a small graphical blemish and put it on ps4 and no one would have complained! The realtime TOD itself feels so magicla when the tracks are already photoreal !

This and BEyond have totally broken the barriers of what is possible graphically on the ps3.

What's the verdict so far ? I got busy again after my trip. :(

Only got time to slip in Resogun here and there.

That's why you let the pros do it and not use your own amauteur skills as some benchmark to prove real photos look worse than fake videogame graphics.
Thank you, but i do keep it as a hobby though i on occation let people pay me :)

Photomode comparisons are pretty much pointless.
Compared to? The GT series have always been the champion at this, i think it's more than fair to call those pictures "photoreal", they look more than photos than they look like a computer game.

10955141473_879d738248_z-638x367.jpg

Compared to? The GT series have always been the champion at this, i think it's more than fair to call those pictures "photoreal", they look more than photos than they look like a computer game.

10955141473_879d738248_z-638x367.jpg

Yes that one looks photoreal...that's not the desert shots that were the topic of this whole photoreal discussion.

nqrt.jpg

Anyone know if this is an actual track in the game or this taken from photomode? Beautiful scenery of the Matterhorn (Mountain in the Swiss Alps and close to the Italian border - I usually go skiing there!).

Back