Gran Turismo 6

What are you trying to say here? Obviously the point is to not see the polys being added :-/ ...I don't get your post a t all.
The point is, if you cannot see polygons being added its impossible to know if the car is good looking because of adaptive tessellation or a very high poly model
the video you posted showed no evidence of tessellation, thats why I asked how you knew
like me posting a video that contains no bump mapping and saying "see how lifelike bump mapping makes the water look"

One of the earlier videos did clearly show tessellation in action on a wireframe mesh of one of the cars. But, we don't know exactly how or when this is being implemented in-game, and it will be nearly impossible to tell on the final product without wireframes. I just saw a video that clearly showed LOD transitions on replays, and on premium cars to boot. It was most obvious on the cars' interiors, so it's possible that the effect is limited strictly to the exterior of the cars.

I think it's safe to say that it's NOT being used on the Standard cars. The ones that have seen improvements were simply remodeled (evidence seems to point to this, as a number of them have new physical details that no amount of tessellation can magically make appear). Those original models were so low-poly that simply subdividing the mesh to round it off would result in a mess, just a shapeless blob.

Still no preload ! WTF Sony , the game releases in a few hours :( !

Heard there is a monstrous 1.3 gb day 1 patch too. I think I will just go offline and play !

Me neither, but I'll probably have to wait until Friday night the earliest, unless the store sells them tonight and I get a chance to go there.

Me neither, but I'll probably have to wait until Friday night the earliest, unless the store sells them tonight and I get a chance to go there.

Downloaded it but it is taking too long to install, I mean too long. Hope my HDD isn't dying or something :???: ! No game has ever taken so long.

Decided to get it online last night and I could immediately 'pre-load'. Just got up to see it install, and yeah, it's a long install. Wanted to see it through primarily so I can start it so it gets the day one patch, and then go back to bed, but pff. :D

Decided to get it online last night and I could immediately 'pre-load'. Just got up to see it install, and yeah, it's a long install. Wanted to see it through primarily so I can start it so it gets the day one patch, and then go back to bed, but pff. :D

Is it unusually long for you too? I just checked and it went forward just 7% in almost 20 minutes ! This way it will take hours ! I have installed huge games like Nino Kuni which was like 22 Gb but the install was never this slow, making me wonder fo my HDD is dying after years of PS+ downloads and PSN pre orders.

Ridiculously slow here too! My goodness it's at 55% now or so and it's been on for 90 min.

79% here and tempted to go to the store because I will probably then still get to play it before we leave in two hours.

Holyshit ! Still at 94% :LOL: ! This has earned the dubious distinction of the longest install in the history of videogames :LOL: ! Seriously, WTF PD ? What is this install doing ?

90% gah! It must be unpacking a billion of separate files, that's the only explanation. Playstation 4 installs are sooooooo much better thank god. I soooo should have bought the disc version, I bet that supports a gradual install from disc while playing like GT 5 did.

94% now ...

Back