Good day for PSP/DS!

Bobbler

Shazbot!
Veteran
If you're in the states, at least.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Castlevania: POR are out today.

Definitely looks like two portable GOTY candidates.

Anyone picked either/both up yet? I'm grabbing them after work today.

New castlevania looks to be one of the best games ever for DS from what I can see. At last we get the good old whip back, it's been too long.

Only complaint, it doesn't use both screens for play area. Yoshi's island looks really cool from that point of view. Maybe there's not enough horsepower in the DS to run both screens, but heck.. How hard can it be to move some sprites and backgrounds?

Peace.

New castlevania looks to be one of the best games ever for DS from what I can see. At last we get the good old whip back, it's been too long.

Only complaint, it doesn't use both screens for play area. Yoshi's island looks really cool from that point of view. Maybe there's not enough horsepower in the DS to run both screens, but heck.. How hard can it be to move some sprites and backgrounds?

Peace.

There are certain limitations for running 3D on both screens on the DS, nothing about 2D. I think it's a design decision. While not innovative or game-changing, an "always on" map is a very good use of the DS 2nd screen, especially for games like Castlevania or RE.

Back