*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

I think these are all in the Challenge of Olympus. Probably you just don't remember these levels and all you miss is a piece of your memory. :LOL:

I'm playing actually The Challenge of Olymups and I never seen this arena in my game...:???:

Aside from Chaos difficulty I don't anything in the game was as tough as the Challenges (of Exile). The time limit on them made some of them ridiculously tough (as much as the 10th challenge in GoW). I'm talking about these three challenges below:
Eww, yeah, these look crazy!!
To be honest, I don't care for the arena fights in GOW3 and I hope that if they release DLC, it is not related to this arena thingy!!!

I wonder for instance the following:

remember the first GOW3 reveal, where he runs on this titan, and finishes off the Centaur using his wall running move - never experienced this particular scene in the game - so I hope that is comes as DLC :cool:

The art of GOW 3 book:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/09/17/god-of-war-art-book-makes-us-cry.aspx

GOW-Cover.jpg

What a game !

As u guys know I was stuck at Hades battle for quite some time now. I fired up the game day before yesterday and guess what, defeated Hades in just two tries :oops: ! All I did different was that as soon as he started summoning those soul dogs, I switched on my Rage-of-Sparta and charged him, not caring about the dogs anymore. Seems like that did the trick and a 'O' popped up on his head and from then on Hades suffered such humiliation from the hands of Kratos that it felt very gratifying to see him like that especially after he had kept me from moving further into the game for so long :devilish: !

Since then many gods n titans have died by my hands, hmmm.....lets see I have killed off Gaia, Helios, Hercules, Hermes, that poor Poseidon princess, Cronos, Hephaestus,etc...... I might have missed some there, maybe :LOL: !

I have been playing for the last 2 days continuously. I have just killed Hapheastus and acquired the electric Claws thingy. How much moreof the game is still left?

Whats great about this game is the combat. not too fast like DMC or Bayonetta which I fail at, but it has a slow rhythm which , once you catch it, makes each fight very gratifying. SOmething I don't feel in other action games as they are too fast for me and require twitch reflexes. In fact, GOWs are the only action game I am able to finish. I usually get stuck somewhere near the 2nd or 3rd boss fight in other action titles. Thats the reason I don't buy them, just hammer the demo down as many times as I can ;) ! GOW is different , though, combat is slower paced and depends more on rhythm than twitch responses. There's always time to react when you see an enemy geting ready to attack. Action fans might say its easy cos its slow, but I think this is the speed I can handle. Anything faster than this means initial few levels are all that I can play.

The only thing that is lessening my excitement is that :
1) There seems to be no story to speak for. The game is just carrying itself on the Wow factor and the balanced encounters which you learn n master in 2 or 3 attempts.
2) The Flame-of-Olympus room has hinted that the rest of the game time will be spent re-visiting the same locations I have been through. Thats a BIG downer/bummer for me :( ! I want new areas not old ones. I know , soon the game will take me back to the three Kings, the hanging Cubes room, etc. 90% of my drive to keep playing a game stems from the curiosity as to what will the next level look like. Knowing that I am just going back to what I have already seen.......well, its depressing :unsure: ! Uncharted 2 knows how to keep taking players to levels so exotic that he ..........well, he'll be just picking his jaw off the floor all the time and gushing with happiness.

Anyways, how much more of the game is left for me, approximately?

I picked this up recently and have to say that I have been quite disappointed with it. The controls are surprisingly loose, especially with things like ledge behaviour (jumps often do not kick in reliably leading to frustrating deaths during simple platform sequences). I am also finding the pacing pretty off with too many boss bottles and not enough exploration. Unlike the other two iterations, just as I am getting into the rollicking adventure atmosphere along comes another tedious boss battle to break any momentum.

The boss battles so far have not been much fun at all as they provide no feedback on enemy health status and it can take many deaths to sort out the patterns (which makes them even more tedious). A good boss battle should set the boundaries clearly and then rely on the player's execution (SotC being the best example I can think of). These battles feel more like a mix of luck and how many powerups you have managed to save up and there is little feeling of accomplishment at the end, just relief at it being over.

Not sure if I even have interest to the finish the game and I definitely would have regretted paying full price for this game when it was first released. [EDIT: thanks for pointing out the typo RenegadeRocks] Darksiders by comparison has proven to be a lot more fun despite the lesser polish.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean Darksiders, right? The two games feel very different. GOW3 celebrates action, while Darksiders celebrates adventure. Action of Darksiders feels very slow and repetetive, GOW3's actions feels more fun and flashy. I would have also wanted more "adventure" element in GOW3, but looks like the devs wanted to finish off the storu with a violent bang. They wanted to show that Kratos is so mad with rage now that he just bashes up everything and everyone that comes in front of him. I think they purposely made him unlikeable. He seems to be crazy to me the way he kills off the
two ladies in the game the Posiedon princess and Zeus's wife
. I haven't finished it yet, but I do hope he dies with everybody else. i don't like him any more. He is human no more, more l;ike a raged animal. But, I think, that is the reason for lesser exploration and puzzles in GOW3. They want you to leave with a feeling of a man who lost everyhing, his family, trust, love and his humanity too ! His rage made him a beast, even more than the beast he wanted to kill.

That is the image I get from playing the game. Lesser exploration and downtime between action pieces fits in with that theme.

Darksiders, OTOH, is first and foremost and adventure, action elemnts and controls don't feel that well done, but exploration and puzzles and environments are very well done in it, from the little that I have played of that game.

I haven't finished it yet

Then stfu and come back when you've finished it! :devilish: You sound like you've missed the part which makes this series come together. In fact, you're making me wonder how many didn't finish it ... I don't finish that many games, but this one absolutely. Loved it from start to finish, one chase section excepted. And the last bit before the ending ... they really went somewhere that they didn't have to, and I really, really loved them for it.

Then stfu and come back when you've finished it! :devilish: You sound like you've missed the part which makes this series come together. In fact, you're making me wonder how many didn't finish it ... I don't finish that many games, but this one absolutely. Loved it from start to finish, one chase section excepted. And the last bit before the ending ... they really went somewhere that they didn't have to, and I really, really loved them for it.

Aye Aye Captain ! :D .......bu...but I am stuck at the part where you go to the three kings again :unsure: !

Poor Skipper gets stuck in fights sometimes,Captain !:cry: Skipper tries his best, Cap'n, but those Minotaurs along with splicer guys kill Skipper again n again ! Skipper promises He'll try harder and come out winning like his Valiant Cap'n ! :D !

I switched to easy mode so that I can see what's next quickly. It's mainly a visual trip for me.

I still like Hephaestus the best. Amazing character.

Hey, same here. I think I went through on Easy also ... was still very enjoyable!

Easy mode leaves me unsatisfied after fights. The problem with easy is that one doesn't "learn" anything. I mean you kill the monsters but don't really learn what exact patterns need to be watched out for and what weapons work best against which enemy. That stuff happens only when in Normal or hard !

I am talking generally here, I haven't played GOW3 at easy. But what usually happens if I play other games, especially action, at easy is that I just button mash my way till near the end and then the game demands that I use my buttons judiciously for those final moments and I have no idea what works against whom and have no strategy at all, since I never had to think at all during the whole game.

I can understand if I am stuck at the last boss fight of a game and I shift to Easy to complete it, but I am still away from teh end.

Also, i am not able to play GOW3 these days as my PS3 got shifted to my living room ever since Move arrived. Too many boobs in the game to play in living room, worst part being you never know when one (err....two) might pop up in the game. That Medusa is bloody always naked, somebody give her a pair of sports bras for heavy fighting ! :unsure:

You mean Darksiders, right? The two games feel very different. GOW3 celebrates action, while Darksiders celebrates adventure. Action of Darksiders feels very slow and repetetive, GOW3's actions feels more fun and flashy.

Darksiders, OTOH, is first and foremost and adventure, action elemnts and controls don't feel that well done, but exploration and puzzles and environments are very well done in it, from the little that I have played of that game.

Darksiders has better (or at least more pleasant) characterizations than does GOW3, and the mix of environments and things to do is much greater, if not nearly as impressively rendered.

Err.. that is. I like Darksiders. More people should play Darksiders.

That is all. :LOL:

Playing Darksiders now and can't get into it. It is nowhere near as polished as GOWIII, feels very last gen to me. The quality between the cutscenes and gameplay is HUGE it's quite jarring imo. I am going to try and play through it some more but right now I'am very un-impressed. Hope it gets better.

GOWIII was the first of the franchise I played but I recently purchased the collections. Playing GOWIII makes me feel like a bada** and every blow I can feel through my speakers.

Back