*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

Easy mode leaves me unsatisfied after fights. The problem with easy is that one doesn't "learn" anything. I mean you kill the monsters but don't really learn what exact patterns need to be watched out for and what weapons work best against which enemy. That stuff happens only when in Normal or hard !

^_^ I don't want to learn those skills. If I see a Medusa in real life, I'll just :runaway:

They should have a mini-game for me to play with Hephaestus's craft
before Kratos murdered him. I was hoping he'd spare the old man. Silly me.

I'm on the last item in my backlog. Will get Darksiders after KZ3 and LBP2.

Darksiders is a nice game, yes ! Especially more environment variety and puzzles. if only they make the combat more interesting, it would become the killer app.

Why are we talking about darksiders here :(

I always hope to get new GOW3 info when I see the thread bumped up..happily browse in...and get brutally dissapointed by darksiders talk :cry:

do you guys want to break Billy's heart, again and again?

:mrgreen:

I always hope to get new GOW3 info when I see the thread bumped up..happily browse in...and get brutally dissapointed by darksiders talk :cry:

do you guys want to break Billy's heart, again and again?

:mrgreen:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/03/17/heavy-rain-and-god-of-war-iii-celebrated-by-bafta/

In the video the voice over guy says the game cost 44M USD to make and then Stig Asmussen says it took 3 years to make in his acceptance speech.

Well I do have a question on Darksiders :) It just came on sale on steam for $10, but I already have Gow3. Any point in getting Darksiders if one already has Gow3? I'm posting here as I wanted input from people that have played Gow3.

Well I do have a question on Darksiders :) It just came on sale on steam for $10, but I already have Gow3. Any point in getting Darksiders if one already has Gow3? I'm posting here as I wanted input from people that have played Gow3.

I played both and was really disappointed by Darksiders...never finished it. For $10, it is probably worth it. The story was pretty good although some of the gameplay decisions never grew on me.

I may try it again from the beginning since it has been a while since I played it. GOWIII had top notch visuals--I thought the gameplay and story were mediocre to above average.

Darksiders isn't even remotely like GOW, its a Zelda clone through and through.
Zelda for grown ups, that's how I would put it.

Ok thx guys I just ended up buying it. From the pics I thought it was Gow like, no idea is was Zelda like.
It's basically a mixture of both: the semi open-world exploration is definitely zelda like, but the combat mechanics are nearly identical to God of War. So it's basically a mash-up :smile: (and a very good one IMO).

Ok thx guys I just ended up buying it. From the pics I thought it was Gow like, no idea is was Zelda like.

It has lot's of similarities with the Soul Reaver games as well. Can't really compare it with God of War, but it was a very enjoyable game, not as pretty or polished, but well worth atleast my time.

Not even the combat in Darksiders resembles God of War's. Mechanically it's a lot closer to Devil May Cry. (z-targeting, timing based combinations, the way aerial attacks work)

started another playthrough...still amazed by the unbelievable good graphics of this game, still amazed by how much fun this game makes...GOW3 is still king in my book!

what shocks me the most: close ups when in QTE brutal action...Kratos model looks so amazing+ all the post processing kicking in and the extreme close up...brütally good :D

the only issue I encounter is, that sometimes there seems to be a texture loading bug. it takes really long, that some of the main textures load. but it is rather rare...

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.pagesportal.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=243
God of War 4 will launch in September 2012, a UK game magazine has claimed. It sounds reasonable enough but I do hope for a new main character.
"This is not the end of God of War," studio boss John Hight said. "This is definitely the end of the trilogy, but we're [going to] continue to do God of War games.

"We're [going to] be very careful about what we do. We're the keepers of the franchise and we don't want to see it ruined or polluted."

After visiting Rome, I kinda miss God of War a little... if only they didn't trivialize and wipe out all the characters. :LOL:

Some serious Greek gods all-out battle would be totally right up my alley.

FWIW, Florence kicked up my interest in Assassin's Creed 2 too. How's that game ?

I played AC2 briefly. Florence wasn't too detailed. I don't recall the Duomo or the buildings around Piazza Signoria.

Some glorious temples going back to when Greece was dominant in Sicily though.

They could go back to the CHristian vs. Muslim conflict origins (since the first one was based in Constantinople) by setting it in Spain. But it might be too political.

I played AC2 briefly. Florence wasn't too detailed. I don't recall the Duomo or the buildings around Piazza Signoria.

Some glorious temples going back to when Greece was dominant in Sicily though.

They could go back to the CHristian vs. Muslim conflict origins (since the first one was based in Constantinople) by setting it in Spain. But it might be too political.

I live close Florence, & a part the places & building more famous, the city is enough different. Rome in BH is even worse & more generic, I don't remember a single area interesting to visite or to watch how the real counterpart.

So you're in Tuscany ?

[strike]:oops: at you calling Rome generic. The city is no doubt like other big cities, but you'd be hard pressed to find thousand year old structures like the Colosseum, Trevi fountain, St. Peters Cathedral, Castel St. Angelo, etc. in other places.[/strike]

Okay, you meant the Rome in AC2 is generic. I'll pass then.

Back