God of War 2 - March 13th

I thought it sold more than that. I thought jaffe mentioned around 2-2.5 million worldwide a couple months ago. Does vgcharts take into account the wal-marts, online sales and such?

I thought it sold more than that. I thought jaffe mentioned around 2-2.5 million worldwide a couple months ago. Does vgcharts take into account the wal-marts, online sales and such?

I have no idea how they get their numbers, but you are right. God of War has sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide. Yet one more proof not to trust vgcharts...
Well good news anyways that it has actually sold more than I first thought. This series deserves the success.

http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/328/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how they get their numbers, but you are right. God of War has sold over 2.5 copies worldwide. Yet one more proof not to trust vgcharts...
Well good news anyways that it has actually sold more than I first thought. This series deserves the success.

http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/328/

Nice find, and indeed it definitely deserves it. From my understanding it took GOW1 months and months to reach those numbers and to finally hit success. I would expect that the success and word of mouth of GOW1 will help GOW2 sell much faster than the previous one.

I also think it would be interesting to see if the recent hype and positive reviews on GOW2 sparked some interest, and maybe indirectly improved GOW1 sales? That 2.5 million number was way back in march of 06, I could see them being around 3 million now.

As a 360 and PS3 owner I'm currently playing... God of War! I missed it during the original hype and picked it up new for $15 a few weeks back. Great game, it really did deserve those 2005 GOTYs. That video review makes GoW2 look much better. If they can get some PS3 software emulation that asds texture filtering and 720P output I would be in Heaven.

It also looks like the new Conan game is a God of War next gen knock off, it might be good. I wonder if God of War 3 is in the planning stages?

am I the only one who stopped watching a quarter into the review........I want to be surprised when I play this game, and the more I was watching the review, the more new things I was seeing :oops: .......had to stop man.......

can't wait.......

on another note: I have to edit that. Its actually 9.5 overall *fail*:oops:

edit: I was just watching ign's video review of the game, and at 1:42-1:44 of the video, Kratos looks like Marcus Fenix!:oops:

Contents of the 2nd bonus disc
Contains the following:

1. MAKING GOW II

2. INTERVIEWS

1. GOW II Voices

2. GOW II Music

3. Teach Art?

3. EXTRAS

1. Trailers

2. Environments

3. Creatures

4. Testing the Game

5. Halloween

6. Press Event

7. How to Play

4. SPOILERS

1. Creating Kratos

2. Initial Concept

3. Lost Levels

4. Level Design

5. Creating Zeus

6. Combat System

7. Animation

8. Cinematics

9. Boss Concept Art

The retail version comes with the bonus disc right? Because im not going to pre order and if its only available thru that... :cry:

The retail version comes with the bonus disc right? Because im not going to pre order and if its only available thru that... :cry:
Yup, any version of the game no matter where you buy it from should have the bonus disc. It isn't a preorder special or anything like that. It had "2 disc" right on the box.

God of War 2 in Europe pushed back?

Seems like the release date of God of War 2 in the UK has been pushed back a month. Game, Gameplay and Play.com all give 13/04/2007 as the release date. :(

Back