God of War 2 - March 13th

Looks fantastic... now if only PS3 users could get that level of AA for the game. ;)

And please, read the rules about posting pictures (no larger than 800x600 in the post, otherwise link to them).

The HD feature is well appreciated.

I can't wait!

this games just proves that the PS2 is very capable of doing great graphics at the hands of very capable devs :)

I sended an email to Videogames+ and asked whether they can send the game to me few days before the release... How desperate is that? :smile:
They have done it on occasion... but oh well I can wait, they said that Sony doesn't usually ship titles until the last minute...

just beat the second act, story is not that bad so far, although it does have that mgs3 ladder climb moment which annoyed me...im running progressive widescreen and my only complaint is with the half ass widescreen option and the progressive scan helps a bit but not much

btw, there a few glitches and bugs that i noticed when playing...also it may just be me but the camera angles are a bit annoying sometimes (which i thought was a problem with the first one as well)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished yet Bad_Boy? :LOL:

I finally picked up my copy, though I cant play it yet because I seriously need some sleep; work in a couple of hours :mad:

I'll finally be able to play it tomorrow morning :D . And ill give my impressions on it (assuming I dont get preoccupied with the game too much) :LOL:

i rented this game this mourning and been playing it for a few hours. and its a good game but im getting the feeling that this game is suffering from the sophmore slump. but then im probably spoiled byt the first one

Finished yet Bad_Boy? :LOL:
Yup. :) The story is awesome, much better than the first one imo (great ending too). I won't spoil it of course, but I will say...GOW3 should be freaking amazing. :D

Now to play it on titan mode to unlock some stuff...O_O

Yup. :) The story is awesome, much better than the first one imo (great ending too). I won't spoil it of course, but I will say...GOW3 should be freaking amazing. :D

Now to play it on titan mode to unlock some stuff...O_O

Good to hear :cool: . Its time for me now to start the journey :LOL: *addict mode on*

Finally it was in my mailbox!!
It's a shame I have lot's of school work to be done... I mean this will definately reflect to my grade :devilish: Man I'm so excited I feel like a little girl :LOL:

Fantastic game. I'm about halfway through and loving every minute.

I played about 5 hours today and I'm enjoying it. The levels with heavy snow were mindblowingly great looking considering this is on PS2. This game has some very very massive set pieces and if you ask me it makes other PS2 devs look bad :smile: Framerate is quite smooth. Occasionally dropping, but nothing major. Screen tearing is quite noticeable, but it doesn't bother me that much and those can be forgiven easily as this game truly is a technical masterpiece

I think this game is a perfect example that talent/ high production values can produce miracles, even if the hardware is what it is. If the PS3 software renderer allows little AA to the mix, the image quality would be very nice, since aliasing is pretty noticeable on big screen.

The PS3 has no software renderer, it has the PS2 Graphics Synthesizer built in. Hopefully the PS4 will be designed to render PS2 games with AA and at high resolution, I'd love to play this game looking as good as the bullshots someday.

The PS3 has no software renderer, it has the PS2 Graphics Synthesizer built in. Hopefully the PS4 will be designed to render PS2 games with AA and at high resolution, I'd love to play this game looking as good as the bullshots someday.

Wasn't it confirmed that the new PS3's, including European ones, will emulate PS2 games in software?

Back