GMail

Klamath

Newcomer
I dont even know if this is in the right place, but im sure most of you already have gmail accounts but i have a few invites so just mail me if u want one.

And if anyone else has invites, post them here ;)

-Klamath

klamath.exo@gmail.com

Personally, i've tried to keep them, cause the more people are in, the slower it gets. I couldn't use it on Friday, wouldn't send anything...

london-boy said:
Personally, i've tried to keep them, cause the more people are in, the slower it gets. I couldn't use it on Friday, wouldn't send anything...

That has nothing to do with slowdown.

I have yet to use my account, guess I'm too accustomed to hotmail to make the switch. My hotmail is getting tens of junkmail a day, so I should make the change.
From now on, I try to remember giving the Gmail address instead of hotmail.

london-boy said:
Deepak said:
london-boy said:

... To a certain extent, it does.

No! How many gmail accounts are there compared to hotmail/yahoo?

Deepak said:
london-boy said:
Deepak said:
london-boy said:

... To a certain extent, it does.

No! How many gmail accounts are there compared to hotmail/yahoo?

That's not the point is it... Obviously Gmail servers are much much smaller than Hotmail and Yahoo ones, which have millions and millions of users.
Gmail is still a Beta service, very young, and the servers probably can't cope too well with many users, that's why it's not open to the public, that's why they only give so many invitations away every once in a while.
It's quite elementary, any server will only cope with a limited number of users.

Only slowdown I have seen from Gmail is on the initial login, takes a little while before it brings me to the inbox. It's still better than hotmail though which can get completely clogged on a regular basis.

Speaking of which, they still haven't upgraded their regular users to 250MB storage, which sucks! I know it might be a big step to go from 2MB to 250 for tens of thousands of users, but WTF, can't they take a baby step and at least give us FIVE fuckin megs in the meantime or something? o_O

Googlel needs to put some pressure on MS to make Redmond move faster; get Gmail out of beta already, how much testing do they need to do anyway?!

Hotmail has increased some members storage to 250 MB already. My friend's email account was upped about two weeks ago. I think they might do it by the date of when you signed up for Hotmail, he signed up for it wayback when it wasn't owned by MS. We both signed up for Hotmail maybe two months after it came out, I abandoned the original address I had ot it because of spam reasons.

T2k said:
london-boy said:
Proof is in the pudding, Gmail is VERY slow today.

No, it doesn't. Gmail is pretty FAST today, just like everyday.

:rolleyes: Chill matey, yesterday 22 September 2004 from 10am to 18pm GMT, Gmail was SLOW. It was slow at opening emails, and it gave many error messages when trying to send emails. If from where you are it worked properly, that's great. From Landmark House, Hammersmith, London, it was S L O W.
So, yes it was. And don't blame my connection, every other site i was accessing worked just fine.
It's fine today, faster than ever.
Ok?
I'm on Gmail all day every day, sending hundreds of emails every day, so i see the fluctuations in access speed.

There definitely was something wrong with GMail yesterday, I tried to log on to my account, but couldn't. After logon, the explorer windows loads for a while, then ends with just some 'loading' text or something with 'Done' on the lower left corner of the explorer window.
Tried it a couple of times during evening, but could not log in.

Edit:
london-boy said:
...I'm on Gmail all day every day, sending hundreds of emails every day, so i see the fluctuations in access speed.
so you're the reason why it is so slow, your nude pics take too much bandwith. They should've kept GMail as london-boys private exclusive Gay(uJod)Mail

rabidrabbit said:
so you're the reason why it is so slow, your nude pics take too much bandwith. They should've kept GMail as london-boys private exclusive Gay(uJod)Mail

There are NO pics of me naked around the net!!!!!!!!! ........... :devilish:

Back