Twitch personality giveaway turns into riot in NYC.

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
Today in NYC there was a riot. This was brought on by Kai Cenat a twitch streamer claiming to do a ps5 giveaway

Not sure if this is the right place. But wow it was crazy. I have a friend who works across from the park. his building went into lock down and they had recently installed extremely heavy security gates

That third video says the giveaway was for PC, PS5 and $100 gift cards. Can't see why the people were rioting - I think that's more on them? How did Kai incite the riot?

Gonna move to general discussion.

oh wow. that is crazy
I credit him with good intentions, but he announced and promoted it about a month before the event. He tried to keep it small by saying it would be somewhere in south cal but wouldn't announce the location until a few days before. As soon as he announced the location people started lining up. People brought their families with to line up. No one had made any accommodations for rest rooms or water or things like that and it was a swelteringly hot weekend. Only about 5% of the line made it in from some reports, and after the first hour all the used hardware was gone and it was just merch.

Well intentioned but naive and poorly executed.

I credit him with good intentions, but he announced and promoted it about a month before the event. He tried to keep it small by saying it would be somewhere in south cal but wouldn't announce the location until a few days before. As soon as he announced the location people started lining up. People brought their families with to line up. No one had made any accommodations for rest rooms or water or things like that and it was a swelteringly hot weekend. Only about 5% of the line made it in from some reports, and after the first hour all the used hardware was gone and it was just merch.

Well intentioned but naive and poorly executed.
He should have picked a mall and worked with them as a promotion. Same with this ny dude. There would have been enough accommodations for everyone and malls are used to hosting events. The mall and businesses would also receive a boost by all those people coming

Back