GDC: Nintendo

Here's a direct link of the new Zelda trailer from Nintendo: http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/52937b07-384a-4364-b8fc-e6f11617d1ab.mov

And a few screens:

zilda-20050310091748652-000.jpg

zilda-20050310091749918-000.jpg

zilda-20050310091750558-000.jpg

zilda-20050310091749246-000.jpg

Wow - can't wait to play this! :oops:

edit: Here's a much faster link of the trailer from IGN: http://cubemovies.ign.com/cube/video/article/594/594978/thelegendofzeldanew_qthigh.mov

xbdestroya said:
Nintendo, make me proud!
LOL Are we going to see more Nintendo fans out of the closet? :D Also good to know that Rev will be backwards compatible, wifi, vga connectivity (has this been confirmed?), MARIO128 will be the launch title? sweet... :devilish:

strat_ax said:
xbdestroya said:
Nintendo, make me proud!
LOL Are we going to see more Nintendo fans out of the closet? :D Also good to know that Rev will be backwards compatible, wifi, vga connectivity (has this been confirmed?), MARIO128 will be the launch title? sweet... :devilish:

Hey now, I've never been IN the closet! 8)

The new Zelda game's animation quality isn't what I would have hoped for. The Wind Waker had much more detail and subtlety to it, in regards to animation.

strat_ax said:
cybamerc said:
I love the names for the CPU and GPU. Very clever.

:D Let's just hope, the console won't be named as Bollywood! *ducks and runs*

Only in India, only in India... ;)

I wonder where they got those names from, perhaps because Nintendo is going on a multimedia tour along with Panasonic?

http://www.videogamerx.net/bbs/view.php?id=vx01&no=8881

-> Best footage of The Legend of Zelda (trailer + big screenshots with no marks)

The interesting question would now be what variant will Ati's Hollywood GPU be apart from Xenon's and its CPU from IBM called Broadway.I am very certain it will be multicore based since the trend now is heading that direction and will Broadway be more advanced han the R500?

Deepak said:
BTW, now that PS3/Rev will be BC, how much pressure does that put on MS to make XB2 BC also?
Not much, I would say. Either the Xenon is mostly capable of emulating the Xbox now, or it's not and it will never be. There's just not enough time left to make it happen if it's not yet possible. Come E3, they're gonna have to be able to say for certain whether or not the Xenon will be backward compatible with the Xbox.

hugo said:
The interesting question would now be what variant will Ati's Hollywood GPU be apart from Xenon's and its CPU from IBM called Broadway.I am very certain it will be multicore based since the trend now is heading that direction and will Broadway be more advanced han the R500?

It would not surprise me if the Broadway CPU is multicore like the XeCPU...I also expect the Hollywood V|GPU to somewhat outperform the Xenon V|GPU being that Hollywood is going to be newer. I don't expect either console to trash the other. I expect Broadway to be dual-core and clocked higher than XeCPU, and maybe have more cache as well. both should be fairly close in power. XeGPU will have probably more cores (3 or 4) Broadway will have higher clock and more cache. I could easily be totally wrong tho.

Megadrive1988 said:
It would not surprise me if the Broadway CPU is multicore like the XeCPU...I also expect the Hollywood V|GPU to somewhat outperform the Xenon V|GPU being that Hollywood is going to be newer. I don't expect either console to trash the other. I expect Broadway to be dual-core and clocked higher than XeCPU, and maybe have more cache as well. both should be fairly close in power. XeGPU will have probably more cores (3 or 4) Broadway will have higher clock and more cache. I could easily be totally wrong tho.

Well, the Revolution rumour spoke of a dual core CPU.

Back