Gaming Load times: Can one make of video card load games faster?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by ECH, Feb 14, 2010.

1. ECH

ECH
    Regular

Can ATI actually fix this problem via drivers? This is something I've seen mentioned for few generations now.

2. Humus

Humus Crazy coder
    Veteran

I would think so. I don't think they necessarily want to spend less CPU time to optimize shaders. They do have a more complex architecture that needs more optimizer work to take full advantage of. However, AFAIK Nvidia drivers have threaded shader optimizations, i.e. they simply add each new shader to a work thread on shader creation and return, and then do the optimization work on another thread. I think the ATI drivers still do all work before returning from CreatePixelShader().

3. ECH

ECH
    Regular

Well thanks for your insight on the subject. I do hope that the ATI driver team can finally correct and improve this problem.

Edit:
    I wonder if this is were ATI Stream SDK 2.01 can come into play and help improve load times?

#23 ECH, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  4. ECH

ECH
    Regular

Anyone notice that when you join a new round most others are already engaged in combat or no where near the original spawn point in BF:BC2?

link