gamespot (uk) esrb problem

sorry, i am not a member of gamespot and can't post there so am asking here

as an everyday punter i went there to watch a vid of the new penumbra, after seeing it in a pro pc gaming thread on here
due to esrb regs i had to enter my dob to watch; "(dd/mm/yy)" they state in their little prompt box
so, seeing as there's just one long box instead of three selection dropdowns, i type "18/04/70" (w/o quotes) and it told me to fuck off
then i tried "180470" and it told me to fuck off
then i tried "18/04/1970" and it told me to fuck off
then i looked in their forum for answers and it was suggested i cleared my cache and cookies, so i did and then tired entering my dob again...
and it told me to fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

so the question is: what else could they have fucked up (aside from their wank chosen input method) that i have to compensate for by a possible local tweak, in order that i may watch a video that i am more than eligible to view?

update:
my mate suggested that the leading zero may be the cause and suggested 11/11/11. wanting to get to the bottom of it, i first tried "18/4/70" which didn't work, then "11/11/11" which did - to which i was about to shout "CENSORSHIP PROMOTES DISHONEST AND/OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES - EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN!!!"
but the truth is far more simple...
it's an american input system with a british prompt. enter your dob the wrong way round (04/18/70) and it works - GAMESPOT, YOU STUPID ARSEHOLES!!!!!!!!!

the end

aplologies for the expletives but i had better things to do in the last hours or so: do the dishes, sort the recycling and finalise the setup of my mate's boy's guitar

Back