Game of the Year 2007

That a really difficult choice for 2007…
So for the begin I say: Lost Planet, I like the use of the tech for the beauty of with game.
For the innovative and change in FPS: Bioshock
For the Greatness I say: Halo3. You play this game like a great action film with some special humour (but I like), the best light I see in a game and a it's a wonderful color world! ;)
And like RobertR1 said "Spéciale Dédicace" at PGR4, really please to make fun drive in real Cities!
For use of tech to sublim the "Beauty" of a game: I say Assassin Creed, it's the same feeling than PGR4 but here you climb in all the cities! ;).
If you want a platform game I say Ratchet And Clank!
How I can forget Crysis, but it's all in the "beauty" of the graph but Waoow!

And last but not the least… Mass Effect… Strange, not?
For me if I have to choose a GOTY of 2007 it's Mass Effect, why?
The scope of this game and his background was so rich… God, Bioware created a great univers!
The use of the tech for sublim the discussion system and made it real… I like!
And damn all this dialog action and reaction with adult feeling, was a gigantism work, respect…
The "Story" and the stories was so interesting and that you don't see the clock ticking :)
Yes, Mass Effect got some default on the tech size: some tearing, and texture stream but nothing that disrupt the pleasure of playing it.

But the more important it's not to have play the "GOTY" Game, but to play our GOTY game! :);)

Thanks for reading this and also try to understood my bad english!;)

Super Mario Galaxy.

If you talk about GOTY 2007,obviously you could not only take "visual technology" as the only one factor.

If we take into consideration the reviews, it must be Halo 3!!!;)
I can't really say though, I haven't finished ME yet and I havn't played Uncharted (it isn't out here yet) and Crysis that will get my attention after I finish the above...

Crackdown, David Jones is a genius.

Cheers

I'm strongly inclined to agree. I wouldn't have thought it before, but asking myself "what's the game I've had the most fun in for this past year?" and all I hear is this humming noise and the urge to climb.

(not really joking, really)

Granted, I haven't played many games this year but it has to be Mass Effect for me - heads and shoulders ahead of the competetition. Looking forward to play Uncharted but can't see it overturning Mass Effect.

For those lauding Crysis.......why? It's just a huge disappointment from start to finish, in almost all areas. Technically impressive graphically, but as a game it's nothing new.

For those lauding Crysis.......why? It's just a huge disappointment from start to finish, in almost all areas. Technically impressive graphically, but as a game it's nothing new.

Must not have been playing the same game. It has the most open and free form gameplay since ever in a FPS. Every single play through is unique and different. The physics are so much more impressive than its graphics and allow you to see and do things never before seen in a game. I don't see how you can't find Crysis to be flat out amazing unless you ran into something completely odd like Sobek did (bugs that make no sense whatsoever). The only negative part of Crysis is the vehicle missions (Seriously, this is going to all developers and ESPECIALLY Valve and Crytek, VEHICLES RUIN GAMES). The Nano Suit is also one of the best additions to a FPS game in a long time, easily the best since the Gravity Gun in HL2. I simply can't understand someones thinking how how Crysis is a disappointment, the few I've asked simply didn't get the game at all (a lot of times coming to how they don't have a grasp how to use the nano suit).

I have yet to play Crysis, COD4, Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect... but...

So far, Super Mario Galaxy. It would be head-and-shoulders above everything else if Metroid Prime 3 and BioShock weren't so good.

Oh, and The Orange Box certainly deserves a mention. PC GOTY, surely.

[modhat]Please, no debate on Crysis! Not in our console forum! In fact there's not much need for any discussion on a person's choices here. If you want to ask 'what's so great about Game X?' then please use (or start) the appropriate game discussion thread.[/modhat]

At which ceremony/institution? There's plenty of Game of the Year awards handed out. Or do you mean which game do people here value as their GotY?

Golly, not the annual awards from various online/magazine places Shifty ;)

I just wanted to ask the B3D users since its alot more unbiased :smile:

I just wanted to ask the B3D users since its alot more unbiased :smile:
Yeah, everyone's picked up on that. Personal choices. Having played very little I couldn't say, but from the sounds of it Mass Effect trumps many with it's richness of story. On the other side of Fun, Super Mario Galaxy seems to have gone down a storm for old-world gaming goodness. My vote though would probably have gone with EoJ based on my gaming tastes, although the sad truth is I'm waiting for 'Rogue Galaxy' on PS2 as my year's gaming highlight! :oops:

:yes: Yes Shifty, Eye of Judgment is one of the best games for some serious duel. If/when you get one eventually, you will not regret it. I think game card stores should host a PS3 for people to try out. Heck... even Sony Style stores should have one on demo (but my guess is these stores are still "stiff and stuffy" as usual).

I am trying to find more time to play, but the PS3 is being held hostage by wife (Everyday Shooter) and kid (Operation: Creature Feature) now.

My personal favourite is Mass Effect. It's a sci-fi fan's wet dream come true! The story, the characters, the freedom, the graphics, everything comes together to form an incredibly awesome gaming experience. I really don't get how anyone can possibly rate this game down because of some minor technical glitches (sure they exist, but IMO they're completely irrelevant to the enjoyment of the game).

Bioshock is great, Halo 3 rocks, Assassin's Creed is fun, CoD4 a major thrillride ... but Mass Effect stands above them all!

Back