Game development presentations - a useful reference

I add a link to Nvidia GPU GEM 2 "online book" Once you're there you should faind your way to most of their accessible for free content :)
I checked and links pointing to Repi's blog and Dice website was already in there ;)

reading stuffs, quiet some stuffs are too complex tho...

Kuddos to One :) in this presentation there's a link to one of his post here about Capcom Framework engine :)

INteresting pres by the way. It will be useful to give more meat to some discussion about native resolution :) (may do it latter today or tomorrow).

This is not about game development, but about digital photography and image processing:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Best damn collection ever, IMHO. Helps a lot to understand issues related to HDR, gamma correction, tone mapping, depth of field, color correction and so on.
Highly recommended to everyone, even if you've read stuff about these topics before. I'd say a lot of game developers themselves should also look into it...

This is not about game development, but about digital photography and image processing:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Best damn collection ever, IMHO. Helps a lot to understand issues related to HDR, gamma correction, tone mapping, depth of field, color correction and so on.
Highly recommended to everyone, even if you've read stuff about these topics before. I'd say a lot of game developers themselves should also look into it...

Thank you! \o/

I miss the old B3d approval/thanks system.

Have there been any papers on 3rd person/over the shoulder cameras, i remember seeing some stuff from capcom about resi4 but cant seem to find it via google

Seems to be getting sooner and sooner every year. The main thing will be for the folks to remove sensitive material (unreleased game shots). I expect DICE and Bungie material to go up ASAP.

I understand, someone has to get drunk with all the other devs at GDC and we can't expect anyone to make the internet audience a higher priority than that.

:D

Okay, this one from Lionhead looks very interesting.

Edit: it also sounds like what ILM developed for Davy Jones in Pirates 2, in order to overcome the poly limits of the previous versions on Zbrush (they managed about 1.5-2 million quads at that time)

Edit2: super amazing, forwarding it to our own tool programmers, probably gonna add some questions tomorrow ;)

Back