Futuremark's Peacemaker benchmark

Firefox 3.05 on Q6600 : 385, on Pentium 4 2.0GHz : 146

Ubuntu 8.04, same small shitload of tabs loaded in the backgroud (idle, flash is blocked). small community lan where home is mounted via nfs and authentication done by ldap, from the P4 I use the bigger machine via ssh for web browsing while local usage is for gaming :LOL:

I downloaded it just for the benchmark. :LOL:

25.5 mb for a browser...seems like a hefty download size compared to the 7.x mb for the firefox 3 browser....

Anyway I scored a staggering 1812 points on that benchmark with Safari. Yikes!

On another note I like how despite NOT marking the checkbox in the install process to NOT install the crap Apple update software it still went ahead and installed it. Now had I not been anal and checked the Program Files folder I would not have found it...but still....*sigh* that kind of stuff pisses me off!

25.5 mb for a browser...seems like a hefty download size compared to the 7.x mb for the firefox 3 browser....

I tell you, they get such high scores on this benchmark because they're preprocessing and storing the entire intertubes with the safari download! :LOL:

I tell you, they get such high scores on this benchmark because they're preprocessing and storing the entire intertubes with the safari download! :LOL:

haha

I was looking for more benchmarks and I found this: http://v8.googlecode.com/svn/data/benchmarks/v3/run.html and with Firefox I scored 294 total.

IE7 was so pathetic on that page that it threw me a warning saying that javascript is causing the page to load slow and it score a 66.8.

And then I ran the Sunspider benchmark and I got 1964.4 ms looks like using Firefox. Wont even bother with IE7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firefox(v3.5) Scored:
2157 Points
CPU: Intel Core Duo Mobile (actually a i7 920@3.2 GHz)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Q2D 9400 6MB @ stock 2.66

Opera 9.64: ~232 to 240
Firefox 3.5: ~426 to 442

SRWare Iron scoring around ~3184 to 3238 (!)

No, i didn't bother testing IE8.

Q2D 9400 6MB @ stock 2.66

Opera 9.64: ~232 to 240
Firefox 3.5: ~426 to 442

SRWare Iron scoring around ~3184 to 3238 (!)

No, i didn't bother testing IE8.

I am staggered at your score with Iron. I forgot what my score is now esp that I am running windows 7 rc...I guess I will find out when I get home ;)

Back