All Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

Great to see Direct Storage support there. Outside of that though there was nothing specific beyond standard PC fare. Hopefully the actual game will be a bit more interesting in its settings scaling options.

Another game to potentially benchmark with DS - hopefully Nvidia fares a bit better with here with DS than it did with R&C, albeit we don't know if this will actually be using GPU decompression anyways. If it does, hope there's a CPU/GPU toggle if it impacts GPU performance.

Just take your time please, Nixxes!

Maybe. I'm not sure that Sony would lose many $500 PS5 owners to $1500 PC [relax PCMR people] purchases if they decided to publish Day 1 on PC. I think this idea that people are choosing between console and PC because of software selection is largely a myth.

Maybe. I'm not sure that Sony would lose many $500 PS5 owners to $1500 PC [relax PCMR people] purchases if they decided to publish Day 1 on PC.

No doubt, but but that's not the choice faced by consumers.

The choice for a broadly equivalent experience is between the $450 PS5 digital and something like this RTX3060 powered pre-built gaming PC for $670:

I do agree with the general conclusion though that Sony gamers are unlikely to switch to PC gaming in droves if Sony starts to release its exclusives day and date on the PC because PC and console gaming are quite different experiences.

No doubt, but but that's not the choice faced by consumers.

The choice for a broadly equivalent experience is between the $450 PS5 digital and something like this RTX3060 powered pre-built gaming PC for $670:

I do agree with the general conclusion though that Sony gamers are unlikely to switch to PC gaming in droves if Sony starts to release its exclusives day and date on the PC because PC and console gaming are quite different experiences.
agreed. it's very highly doubtful that this is going to affect console sales, since people who want a console are going to buy a console, and who want to buy a PC is going to get a PC without considering console exclusives. It's more money for Sony

Until Dawn is officially coming to PC in 2024.

Last edited:
Sony appears to be chasing a far more aggressive schedule of releasing first party titles on PC.

In the past, we wanted to popularize console, and the 1st party titles' main purpose was to make the PlayStation console popular. It is true, but there is a synergy to it. So if you have strong first-party content, not only with our console but also other platforms like computers, 1st party can be grown with multiplatform and that can help operating profit to improve. So that is another one we want to proactively work on.

And the reason is to generate make money. In fact, the new CEO is very critical of the old ways of doing things, profit wise.

It's been four months since I became chairman of SIE. A big problem of SIE that I found is they don't necessarily have a deep understanding of how their work is being translated to growth, generation of sustainable profits, and higher margins for the unit as a whole.

Last edited:
Sony appears to be chasing a far more aggressive schedule of releasing first party titles on PC.

And the reason is to generate make money. In fact, the new CEO is very critical of the old ways of doing things, profit wise.

Short term thinking may have long term impact

Legit shocked by this, and I dont think they'd have done it if sales hadn't been falling off heavily.

Still not entirely sure what they mean by 'PC support', but hopefully it means what it sounds like and gets proper SteamVR integration. I dont expect much of anything will take advantage of its foveated rendering or HDR capabilities, but still, it should be a competitive headset option even on the basics.

Ghost of Tsushima may be getting announced tomorrow....
The PC release is now official, on May 16th. Supporting DLSS3, DLAA, FSR3 and XeSS.

Back