FREE Games List [2022+]

Requiem is a great game and the game that introduced bullet time.
ps: The game can use 3dnow instructions are they supported on ryzen ?
Edit : NO
pps: There is a game stopping bug in the d3d version so make sure you run the glide version

Last edited:
GoG offers 70 free games for a limited time. There's also a 3D Wolfenstein game I've never played.

GoG offers 70 free games for a limited time. There's also a 3D Wolfenstein game I've never played.

Holy cow, Akalabeth is in there. Man, I remember playing that so much back in the early 80's. :D Good memories. Lots of good games in there.

Regards,
SB

You realise it's a multiplayer game
didnt know that tbh, I wanted to install it to give it a try but I won't. Multiplayer is not my thing, except in some games where it's advantageous. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is one of my favourite FPS games to date (never liked the original Wolfenstein though) and I thought the game GoG gives for free is a similar game.

On a different note, Crusader Kings II is also free on Steam.

Epic Store :
1694781662422.png

Also :
Indie developer Total Mayhem Games offers the surprise release of We Were Here Expeditions: The FriendShip, a new "bite-sized" installment in the co-op puzzle series. This is free to keep on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox as long as you snag your copy between now and October 13th. The Windows edition is available on the Epic Games Store and Steam.

Amazon Prime Gaming lineup for August apparently will be:

• 5th October - Grunnd (Amazon Games) and Ghostwire: Tokyo (Epic Games Store)
  • 12th October - The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters - Deluxe Edition (GOG), Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp (GOG)
  • 19th October - The Textorcist (GOG), Golden Light (Epic Games Store)
  • 26th October - Super Adventure Hand (Amazon Games)

Amazon Prime Gaming lineup for August apparently will be:

• 5th October - Grunnd (Amazon Games) and Ghostwire: Tokyo (Epic Games Store)
  • 12th October - The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters - Deluxe Edition (GOG), Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp (GOG)
  • 19th October - The Textorcist (GOG), Golden Light (Epic Games Store)
  • 26th October - Super Adventure Hand (Amazon Games)

Textorcist is great and incredibly frantic. Yes, it's a typing game, but you also have to move while typing because it's also a bullet hell. Yeah. Really frantic. :)

Regards,
SB

Question: those games on amazon are they free or are they only free to people who take up a subscription ?
Sorry, free with Amazon Prime (Gaming or Video) subscription. They're "free" in the same sense that PS+ monthly games are "free" (October is a decent month for PS+, BTW: Callisto Protocol and Weird West).

Moonring free on Steam: "a retro-inspired open-world, turn-based, tile RPG in the style of the classic Ultima games, but created from the ground up with modern design sensibilities. The world's geography is hand-designed, but the deadly dungeons beneath the surface reconfigure each time you leave... or die." The dev posted (the top comment as of now) on Splattercat's video: "It was a labour of love, and I'm so happy you knew what I was trying to evoke. Happy to answer any questions you or anyone might have. The game's only going to get better, and still remain just as free."

It looks like a stylized Ultima IV: EGA-ish graphics but higher res and fewer colors.

Last edited:
Sorry, free with Amazon Prime (Gaming or Video) subscription. They're "free" in the same sense that PS+ monthly games are "free" (October is a decent month for PS+, BTW: Callisto Protocol and Weird West).

Moonring free on Steam: "a retro-inspired open-world, turn-based, tile RPG in the style of the classic Ultima games, but created from the ground up with modern design sensibilities. The world's geography is hand-designed, but the deadly dungeons beneath the surface reconfigure each time you leave... or die." The dev posted (the top comment as of now) on Splattercat's video: "It was a labour of love, and I'm so happy you knew what I was trying to evoke. Happy to answer any questions you or anyone might have. The game's only going to get better, and still remain just as free."

It looks like a stylized Ultima IV: EGA-ish graphics but higher res and fewer colors.

Oh that looks super interesting. Also, found out things I didn't know. This was created by the co-creator of Fable, Dene Carter.

Regards,
SB

They're "free" in the same sense that PS+ monthly games are "free"
I have no idea what PS+ is other than some sort of subscription service.
So the games on amazon are only available to subscribers ? If you stop subscribing is the free game still yours or can you only play it as long as you keep paying?

I have no idea what PS+ is other than some sort of subscription service.
So the games on amazon are only available to subscribers ? If you stop subscribing is the free game still yours or can you only play it as long as you keep paying?

Prime Gaming, like Humble Bundle and other game bundlers, give games away that remain yours once claimed. In Prime’s case, you need the Prime app to install the games, but the games remain yours once they’re claimed (and you have to manually claim them on the website or in the app), even if later your subscription lapses. I believe some and maybe even most of their games are DRM-free once installed, meaning you can start them without the Prime Gaming app.

PS+ (PlayStation Plus—now called Essential—the minimum subscription required for online multiplayer with a PlayStation) also has a few games included each month but you can only play them while subscribed. You lose access to them if your subscription lapses, but regain access once you resubscribe. For example, I claimed Transformers Devastation way back when and can still play it while subscribed, even though it’s been delisted.

I mention Prime games once in a while because I think they’re not the primary reason people subscribe but rather bonuses on top of the faster shipping or video streaming. They’re “free” in a loose sense. PS+ games are “free” in an even looser and more time-limited way.

GOG.com announces a new freebie, revealing it is now giving away free copies of Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok, a fantasy-themed RPG for Windows and Linux from Crystal Shard. If you're looking for an endorsement, dig this: "The game has been voted 69th All-Time Best Computer RPG by RpgCodex."

Back