free annual credit report question.

I've tried to connect to annualcreditreport.com, the official site, for a few months now and it ain't working. So does anyone know what the deal is? isn't it legally mandatory for this to be available?

epicstruggle said:
Using firefox also. try going through google's cache.

epic

I did that, but it goes "Not found" when I try to click on anything inside. I'm on a wlan, could security issues have something to do with it?

zidane1strife said:
I did that, but it goes "Not found" when I try to click on anything inside. I'm on a wlan, could security issues have something to do with it?
do you have access to remote desktop?

epicstruggle said:
do you have access to remote desktop?
NO, I think. I'll try it to access the page from my local library and see what happens then.(It's amazing libraries've updated their systems so quickly they'ver dvd-rw, 1GB ram, 3+Ghz processors.... )

zidane1strife said:
NO, I think. I'll try it to access the page from my local library and see what happens then.(It's amazing libraries've updated their systems so quickly they'ver dvd-rw, 1GB ram, 3+Ghz processors.... )
Library should help you out. If that doesnt work, go: start->programs->accessories->communication-> and check if you see a program called remote desktop connection.

If you have the program, I can email you my university account info to log onto their network and get the info you need.

epic

epicstruggle said:
Library should help you out. If that doesnt work, go: start->programs->accessories->communication-> and check if you see a program called remote desktop connection.

If you have the program, I can email you my university account info to log onto their network and get the info you need.

epic

Just checked, can't access from my local library. This is just BS!:devilish:

zidane1strife said:
Just checked, can't access from my local library. This is just BS!:devilish:
1)are you not getting the webpage (404 type of error)
2)or is the site just not letting you procede with getting your free annual credit report.

if its (1) check and see if your internet provider is the same as your libraries. If it is, you need to call their help desk. Ask for a teckie and tell them that they have a problem with that particular webpage. It's happened to me where i couldnt get one particular site and they fixed that up in like a matter of hours.

if its (2), you are going to have to mail their webmaster.

epic

epicstruggle said:
1)are you not getting the webpage (404 type of error)
2)or is the site just not letting you procede with getting your free annual credit report.

if its (1) check and see if your internet provider is the same as your libraries. If it is, you need to call their help desk. Ask for a teckie and tell them that they have a problem with that particular webpage. It's happened to me where i couldnt get one particular site and they fixed that up in like a matter of hours.

if its (2), you are going to have to mail their webmaster.

epic
It's # one, the library's provider is different from mine too.

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I'll email my isp and see if they can solve it.

epicstruggle said:
A-HA, try this:
http://www.anonymousinet.com/
Its an anonymous proxy server. It should get the site for you.

epic
edit: Arg, not so much. Secure web servers dont much like anonymizers. Still trying on this end.

:devilish: Couldn't I just sue the gov. I mean come on even on a public library I can't access it and free access is legally mandatory, no?

zidane1strife said:
:devilish: Couldn't I just sue the gov. I mean come on even on a public library I can't access it and free access is legally mandatory, no?
Damn, i should have thought of this earlier. You can do it either electronicaly, by phone, or by mail. If you want to do it by mail, i can mail you the form linked from the site. Phoning them should be the best solution at this point.

REQUEST YOUR FREE ANNUAL CREDIT REPORT ONLINE, BY PHONE OR BY MAIL.

Request your Credit Report Online

You Can SEE and PRINT Your Report Online NOW! It's Quick, Easy and Secure. Begin by selecting your state:

Request your Credit Report by Phone
Call 1-877-322-8228 to request your credit reports by phone. You will go through a simple verification process over the phone. Your reports will be mailed to you.

Request your Credit Report by Mail
You can request your credit report by mail by filling out the request form and mailing it to:

Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281

You must have an Adobe viewer to download the request form. Download the free Adobe viewer.

For your security, and in order to ensure you are using the request form that has been authorized by
the Central Source, please use the link above to download the form from this website. Only the
Central Source, and Equifax (at www.equifax.com), Experian (at www.experian.com) and
TransUnion (at www.transunion.com) as it's members, have been authorized by law and the
government (see FTC.gov) to provide free credit reports as described on this site. We cannot ensure
your personal information will be kept secure and used for proper purposes if you use forms or
provide information to persons, addresses, numbers, etc. not authorized by this site or the entities
listed above.

If you are under 13 years of age or you are requesting a credit report for your child under 13 years
of age, instructions for completing these requests can be accessed by clicking
mail request for a child under 13.

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

epicstruggle said:
Damn, i should have thought of this earlier. You can do it either electronicaly, by phone, or by mail. If you want to do it by mail, i can mail you the form linked from the site. Phoning them should be the best solution at this point.
thanks

Back