Who will win?

• Jason

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who's Freddy and Jason?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Natoma

Veteran
For all you horror fans out there, the time is upon us for one of the great horror matchups of all time. Only 2 days to go. :D

So here's a little poll to get things started.

Jason obviously, and I can't believe they made this movie :?

Where's my god damned Aliens vs Predator?!!? :devilish:

seems like jason would win, since freddy gets his powers while his victims are sleeping. Never seen jason sleep, so im not actually sure how the showdown is going to happen.

later,

epicstruggle said:
seems like jason would win, since freddy gets his powers while his victims are sleeping. Never seen jason sleep, so im not actually sure how the showdown is going to happen.

later,

Apparently Jason does sleep. Read a "spoiler" script a few weeks ago that looked kind of legit. :D

They battle it out in the dream world and the real world. Though I haven't been able to find out any snippets of the ending. Apparently they shot 5 different endings before coming up with the one shown in theaters, so no one is sure.

zurich

Jason is not going to win. Freddy r00lz! ;)

AvP? Hopefully it's at least as good as the games when it releases in theaters. :D

Freddy is by far a more interesting and cooler character, but if you compare the two, Jason is more of a 'good guy' then Freddy, therefore he wins!

Its too bad they used Freddys 'retro' look, rather than his slick new-and-menacingly-improved 'New Nightmare' digs.

I actually saw the pre-release screening of this movie yesterday at the AMC Kabuki (thanks Live105), I was pretty impressed - it was far more entertaining than I expected it to be given the lackluster nature of the last four or five of each individual series.
The direction and script were both quite good, actually. One thing though, they just keep getting worse at trying to pass off mid-twenties women with implants as high school students

Remember, Freddy didnt have any special powers when he was actually alive (just a child-murderer with a custom claw glove), whereas Jason cannot actually die permanently (apparently).

I think Freddy is just one sadistic bastard.

On the other hand, Jason is doing a public service by ridding the world of annoying teenagers. Some who are severely mentally challenged and dare I say, deserve to die (if stupidity kills, they would all be suicide victims anyway). Jason makes our world a better place to live.

On the other hand, Jason is doing a public service by ridding the world of annoying teenagers. Some who are severely mentally challenged and dare I say, deserve to die (if stupidity kills, they would all be suicide victims anyway). Jason makes our world a better place to live.

See, the problem with this attitude is that some of the folks Jason likes to kill are actually not all that irresponsible, they just happen to be there when he starts axing some others.

Certainly I wouldnt condone sexual activity among teenagers, but neither would I condone murdering teenagers who are engaging in such behavior. Likewise with marijuana.

My problem with Jason is that he appears to target the most sexually attractive (attractiveness admittedly has some correlation with mating frequency) individuals for slaughter.
Could it be all a sadistic plan to uglify the human race, making us as ugly as Mr. Voorhees himself? ;)

As for the ending of the film, I'd say what they settled on wasn't too bad...

Back