Fox confirms huge Blu-ray surge

The other thing missing here is the fact that HD-DVD has a very healthy lead in Europe and the $200 Xbox360 HD-DVD drive is able to work seamlessly on PCs .

The other thing missing here is the fact that HD-DVD has a very healthy lead in Europe and the $200 Xbox360 HD-DVD drive is able to work seamlessly on PCs .

HD-DVD a healthy lead in Europe? Wow, I'm impressed. The first drive was released, what, 19 December 2006 - hardly a month ago? I wouldn't be surprised if as many PS3s have been imported into Europe as HD-DVDs sold in retail. ;)

Certainly, although I've seen (expensive) Blu-Ray players in stores here in the Netherlands, I haven't seen any HD DVD players yet. So maybe Europe means the UK only?

HD-DVD a healthy lead in Europe? Wow, I'm impressed. The first drive was released, what, 19 December 2006 - hardly a month ago? I wouldn't be surprised if as many PS3s have been imported into Europe as HD-DVDs sold in retail. ;)

Certainly, although I've seen (expensive) Blu-Ray players in stores here in the Netherlands, I haven't seen any HD DVD players yet. So maybe Europe means the UK only?

Only reporting what I read .

If I get time I will try to find the article/report .

Only reporting what I read .

If I get time I will try to find the article/report .

Sorry but HDDVD most definitely does not have a "healthy lead" in Europe. It's practically non-existant. And in record stores, at least in the UK, Bluray is much more a presence than HDDVD.

The UK in particular (the only place i can speak "from what i can see") is definitely Bluray territory, and PS3 will only make that even more pronounced.

Then again, don't forget the UK is also a place where PSP is doing VERY well, much better than most other countries when you compare it to DS. So i guess we're all just Sony suckers...

Sorry but HDDVD most definitely does not have a "healthy lead" in Europe. It's practically non-existant. And in record stores, at least in the UK, Bluray is much more a presence than HDDVD.
I wouldn't say that was the case, from what I saw. I went back over XMas and looked in several HMV's and a Virgin (Reading, Watford and St Albans) and they both had the same level of prominence - and about the same numbers of disks for each format. Some chose to mix the two togother in their own little HD section and Virgin Watford chose to mix them into the the DVD's which meant that the only title I could actually find was MI:3 on HD DVD. I was looking for Serenity on HD DVD and it was only the last HMV I went to that actually had any stock of it.

I would wonder if the HD DVD syndrome Cowboy X speaks of, if it is the case, is due to the 360 HD DVD drive, which is easily concieveable to have outsold many Blu Ray stand alone players (which are certainly more prominent than HD DVD standalone players).

I am quite certain of what I read but , I tried googling for the article and can't find a thing . The only things I am seeing are North American Sales at DVDwars etc and several sites with pdf sales figures selling for a alot of money . I will try again later I guess .

Back