Forza Motorsport 6 [XO]

Having played the demo more I do like that they made the car more willing to rotate with throttle blips than before. That's a good thing.

The Rio track is good fun also. I generally dont' care for fictional tracks but that one is alright.

I wish we could do a petition to remove Yas Marina. Does ANYONE like that track? and if so, why do you have such shit taste?

Last edited:
I like the water driving, it does feel quite different from regular.
Some pictures from reddit from in-game non-photo mode:
Quite impressive imo. I think the thing most people don't give credit to T10 for, is that every iteration of Forza those custom decals/drawings on the car have been continually looking better. Some of these designs are ridiculously detailed too, I have no idea what type of impact on performance this has on the game. But it is something that Forza has been doing for nearly forever.

ioVWXPI.png

Fnrx6Jt.png

I have no idea what type of impact on performance this has on the game.
Should be ~zero as the designs should be baked into the paint texture. Without a need for dynamic updates on the decals, there's no need to draw them piecemeal every frame.

Should be ~zero as the designs should be baked into the paint texture. Without a need for dynamic updates on the decals, there's no need to draw them piecemeal every frame.
so essentially it's 1 texture overtop the paint then.

so essentially it's 1 texture overtop the paint then.

Essentially, yes. The livery (art design) is blended/layered with the default material.

Although there is no performance hit (draw) in most cases, however, I have seen huge uncompressed custom race designs (liveries) that can waste precious VRAM space (especially if the GPU VRAM was already inadequate to begin with), and can cause poor texture streaming and game lockups. But this is mostly relegated to PC game modding...

Given its such a core part would they not assume and budget for it to be on everycar anyhow and then when its not thats a bonus?

I'd do so. Have a standard car shader with a decal texture and a blank one when not in use.
I guess my question is wether they lose out on some optimization opportunities to support these floating textures? Why hasn't other car games adopted something that seems relatively simple?

I had a pretty good time with the demo.

For some reason, I was able to control the car better than in past Forza games (finished 1st in 2 out of 3 races as well as the showcase...I didn't play much with any of the settings, so it could be some sort of steering/throttle assist going on there.

I may pick this one up later this month.

Well this was the worst forza game and for a simple reason. My local track, Sonoma raceway/sears point was a very poor rendition in the game and enough to turn me off completely. I know because I've done a few hundred laps around the place in the last couple of years. I traded it in with the least amount of hours put into a forza game.

Well this was the worst forza game and for a simple reason. My local track, Sonoma raceway/sears point was a very poor rendition in the game and enough to turn me off completely. I know because I've done a few hundred laps around the place in the last couple of years. I traded it in with the least amount of hours put into a forza game.
Is the actual track layout messed up/ wrong?

Is the actual track layout messed up/ wrong?

Key characteristics of the track are completely missing such as dips, bumps, compressions. Things that go a long way to making a track unique. Corner curbing is wrong in a lot of places which means you would/wouldn't use the curbs in those turns and grip levels in the game are worse than in real life esp in certain corners.

Back