Forza Horizon 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

FH5 is weird.

On console it prefer to drop graphics settings than resolution. While on pc it did not allow dynamic graphics settings but got 5 DRS aggressiveness option.

Really weird.
Alex from DF said it isn't DRS, rather just fixed resolutions to upscale from.

Is it FSR?

Anyway, that really sucks. DRS would be so important in this game for my PC.
I don't know. Im now wondering if maybe I misinterpreted him and the %s he gave were just the floor for how low it can drop and it is indeed dynamic. Im sure his PC video will clear it up soon.

i visited the house, but the purchase option did not appear despite I've unlocked baja. i guess my usual attractiveness to bugs bit me again hahaha

I found different instructions which says you need to unlock the Horizon Street Scenes event and complete the Guanajuato Expedition race for the house to appear.

Really nice lighting and scenery. Will definitely enjoy this game, at least for awhile. Wish they'd move onto a temporal AA method though.

I can finally play it. OH ... MY ... GOODNESS, this is a gorgeous game. Quite possibly the best looking game I've ever played or watched anyone play. And it still looks gorgeous even on a lowly GTX 1070.

Racing in a tropical storm with gale force winds? Absolutely mindblowingly awesome. The sunsets are soooo damn pretty.

Regards,
SB

I was actually holding off playing it precisely because I'm still stuck on a 1070 but now that you've said that...

I've been playing the game today since it was finally available on Gamepass and while it looks good, it's very cross-gen. The upgrade from Horizion 4 is not large but, I give the art team a lot of props. Their vision and the cohesiveness of the package is fantastic. The biggest offenders so far are the aggressive lod management on Quality mode, the shimmering, and a lot of low poly assets. There's something going on with the shadows and ambient occlusion because at times, things don't look like they belong in the environment. Sometimes the cars look like their floating and it's not really a great look.

I can finally play it. OH ... MY ... GOODNESS, this is a gorgeous game. Quite possibly the best looking game I've ever played or watched anyone play. And it still looks gorgeous even on a lowly GTX 1070.

Racing in a tropical storm with gale force winds? Absolutely mindblowingly awesome. The sunsets are soooo damn pretty.

Regards,
SB

Yea this game holds the spot for me graphically the details, textures, lighting, scale and everything is top notch. All doing it at 200mph barely any pop in on quality mode it’s sublime

i play on XsS in quality mode and was pleasantly surprised by the low pop in, and they nailed the 30fps just like Driveclub, it's still fluid and very enjoyable.
There are some lower res textures here and there compared to XsX obvioulsy, but overall it still looks gorgeous.

i play on XsS in quality mode and was pleasantly surprised by the low pop in, and they nailed the 30fps just like Driveclub, it's still fluid and very enjoyable.
There are some lower res textures here and there compared to XsX obvioulsy, but overall it still looks gorgeous.

i was enjoying 30fps mode, but then I'm back to 60fps mode and forced myself to get accustomed to it by playing half hour straight. Now I'm accustomed with the pop in hahaha.

Everybody is talking about how the game looks, nobody is talking about how the game is to play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On xsx 30fps mode game looks very good, even its crossgen there is improvement over fh4 (at least in some sceneries like Jungle that looks awsome), main graphic fault is as df metioned lack of temporal anit aliasing quite visible on folliage and not so smooth draw distance tough not terrible. At 60fps popin is quite visible so again think they should use more aggresive dynamic res and keep draw distance or add 40fps/uncapped vrr mode. In the end will play 60 as its just much more responsive. Gameplay same as fh4 tough some new modes, first hours I was defenitly hooked.

I think John from DF summarised the game perfectly. Its a great combination of impressive visuals, audio and atmosphere. There is something very satisfying in racing downhill from volcano during the sunset where particles of dust flying around from opponents cars clouding your vision, sun majestically reflects in opponents cars and sound of rocks and gravel under you tires. Very enjoyable experience its almost like meditation.
Soundtrack is very good too, great combination of diffrent music genres.

Everybody is talking about how the game looks, nobody is talking about how the game is to play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i talked about the gameplay on the steering wheel thread.
  • fun, an improvement from FH4
  • still not as easy and immersive to drive as GT Sport and dirt rally
as for the overall gameplay itself, its basically your usual forza horizon. But with "more" on everything. like...
  • more vistas
  • more ridiculous tracks
  • etc

Back