Forza Horizon 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

It makes me wonder if theres 2 different builds eg if you look at the digital foundry videos pop in is not so bad, in fact both versions look very close but if you look here in this video theres a big difference, on series X its pretty bad (when the guy is driving the vegetation pops very noticable and this is on youtube which hides problems, on a big TV with better quality its gonna be a lot more noticeable, I assume they had to sacrifice this to maintain 60fps)
On series consoles the game supports dynamic level of detail, and dynamic resolution. The game prioritized LOD before downgrading resolution from what I understand. All they need to do is plumb in some VRS and they have all sliders on go.

Today I proudly get to share my first major video on Forza Horizon 5 looking at 10 cars you need to own in the game. We cover everything from stunts, PR events, world records, A/S1/S2 & X-Class cars, rally cars, wheelie cars and much MUCH MORE!! To make this video even more inclusive and welcome to everyone, no DLC cars are featured in this video. Every car you see, you can get in the game right now no matter what version you have :) I really hope you enjoy it and it increases your experience within the game. To everyone, Welcome to Mexico.

FAQ:
Are you on PC or Xbox Series X? - Xbox Series X.
Do you use a Controller or Wheel? - Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller.

---VIDEO CHAPTERS---
00:00 - New Intro
00:23 - #1 Aston Martin Vulcan AMR PRO
00:58 - #1 Alternative - Bugatti Divo
01:15 - #2 Hoonigan RS200
02:10 - #3 Ford Super Duty F-450 DRW Platinum
03:02 - #4 Koenigsegg Jesko
03:45 - #5 Ford Supervan 3
04:33 - #6 Exomotive Exocet Offroad
04:58 - #6 Alternative Jeep Willys
05:16 - #7 Hoonigan Ford 'Hoonicorn' Mustang
05:53 - #8 Ford Bronco 2020
08:10 - #9 BMW Isetta
08:59 - #10 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Forza Edition
10:36 - New Outro

anyone has found / made a map for the nice locations?

In fh4 there were a bunch of nice locations marked as photo shoot missions, but there's no photo shoot mission in fh5.

I just want to visit these nice locations. Found a bunch of website listing them but WITHOUT any info on where the heck it is in the game. No map marker, no description.

And so they should, as dropping resolution is usually less noticeable than pop in
It’s a choice they made. Not exactly sure why it’s like that. It’s definitely not the norm, but may be a tie in with allowing last gen to keep up with the asset streaming when the load exceeds what is available.

It’s a choice they made. Not exactly sure why it’s like that. It’s definitely not the norm, but may be a tie in with allowing last gen to keep up with the asset streaming when the load exceeds what is available.

FH5 is weird.

On console it prefer to drop graphics settings than resolution. While on pc it did not allow dynamic graphics settings but got 5 DRS aggressiveness option.

Really weird.

FH5 is weird.

On console it prefer to drop graphics settings than resolution. While on pc it did not allow dynamic graphics settings but got 5 DRS aggressiveness option.

Really weird.
Dynamic LOD i suspect is not easy to build to be compatible with all video cards, as each one is different. Dynamic LODs may require… executeIndirect!!

Dynamic LOD i suspect is not easy to build to be compatible with all video cards, as each one is different. Dynamic LODs may require… executeIndirect!!

They already have dynamic graphics quality mode on pc on FH4. But they removed it on FH5 pc, while keeping it on FH5 console it seems.

While interesting, it's not terribly relevant to this generation for a variety of reasons.
  • The hardware gulf in terms of capability and resources was massive going from X360 to XBO, while the differences between XBO and XBS consoles are relatively modest.
  • Starting shortly after the release of Forza Motorsport 6, ForzaTech has been greatly rearchitected with one of it's primary goals being scalability across a wide range of hardware.
    • So, while X360 and XBO not only had completely different ForzaTech engines, they also had different in game content that was far more constrained by the 512 MB of RAM versus the 8 GB of RAM in the XBO.
    • Due to work started in 2015/2016 to ensure that ForzaTech would scale across a large range of hardware, meant that all future versions of Forza games would be able to scale across a wide range of hardware while using the same engine.
    • Adapting assets meant for a 16 GB console to work on a 8 GB console is massively easier than trying to adapt assets created for a 8 GB console to work on a 512 MB console.
  • The GPU used in XBO and XBS consoles are far more similar than those used in X360 and XBO.
  • The storage subsystem is certainly much faster but that will mostly affect the quality of assets that are streamed in. As XBO will necessarily use lower quality assets anyway, that helps alleviate this burden and even for a title that potentially leverages the IO speed fullly, you can still make that work on systems with an HDD. Likewise for the CPU differences.
So, unlike the X360 to XBO transition, the transitions from XBO to XBS consoles is not only far less divergent but the base engine was architected back in 2015/2016 to facilitate this exact situation of optimizing for the latest hardware while being able to scale down to lesser hardware. Basically laying the groundwork for the transition from XBO to the next generation of hardare in addition to being able to support scaling from the XBO-X down to the XBO.

So, we ended up with the situation of X360 to XBO basically featuring 2 different games using 2 different versions of ForzaTech that had similar but differing assets. Basically a scalable engine wasn't a reality at the time for ForzaTech.

FH5 OTOH is basically one game on one engine due to the work that started over 5 years ago and which has continually been refined combined with the fact that XBO is so relatively similar to XBS consoles when compared to the differences between X360 and XBO.

FH6 will also be built on a scalable version of ForzaTech. Will FH6 look better? Certainly. Will it be impossible for it to run on XBO? Nope. Will MS put in the effort to ensure that FH6 would run well on XBO? Probably not as the buying population on XBO will likely to be too small by then to warrant the effort. However, don't be at all surprised if FH6 runs on XBO era PC hardare even if Playground Games don't officially support going that low when it releases. Both FH4 and FH5 run on lower spec hardware than Playground Games recommends/supports.

Regards,
SB

Working with photogrammetry (outsource) on a daily basis. I can pretty much guarantee the next pipeline won't scale back as far as you see now. It will run on older devices through the cloud.

Working with photogrammetry (outsource) on a daily basis. I can pretty much guarantee the next pipeline won't scale back as far as you see now. It will run on older devices through the cloud.

Could you give some concrete reasons your experience leads you to believe this? My first thought is I don't see what's stopping a super high poly object from being scaled down like they always have.

Back