Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

The first two are the duplicate frames, the third is the next frame.

The differences that we see between the first and second frame is clearly the result in the shutter of the video camera also recording some parts of the third frame.

If that were true then why are some of the ghosting in the second frame from third frame objects don't always share the same position between the two frames?

"Forza" on the left wall and the post right under the rear view mirror are examples.

If that were true then why are some of the ghosting in the second frame from third frame objects don't always share the same position between the two frames?

"Forza" on the left wall and the post right under the rear view mirror are examples.

The third frame has the "weaker" ghost on the second frame.
The Forza on the left wall has a is more pronounced first frame than the third, but under magnification you can see that the second frame does indeed include both the first and the third frames.

YqbJZnC.jpg

The "lighter" blue post on the very far right of the screen from the second frame does indeed mirror the third frame.

The third frame has the "weaker" ghost on the second frame.
The Forza on the left wall has a is more pronounced first frame than the third, but under magnification you can see that the second frame does indeed include both the first and the third frames.

The "lighter" blue post on the very far right of the screen from the second frame does indeed mirror the third frame.

In the second frame, "Forza" is appearing much further down the wall than either the first or third frame. Also in the second frame the ghost post under rear view mirror is appearing on the right side of the telephone pole while the post actually is on the left side of the pole in the third frame. In fact is happening with all the posts on the right side as they are drawn closer in second frame then the posts in the third frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the second frame, "Forza" is appearing much further down the wall than either the first or third frame. Also in the second frame the ghost post under rear view mirror is appearing on the right side of the telephone pole while the post actually is on the left side of the pole in the third frame. In fact is happening with all the posts on the right side as they are drawn closer in second frame then the posts in the third frame.

I see what you're talking about. I wasn't comparing them side by side, rather, I compared them by flipping through them, so I didn't see what you saw.

The answer to that is that the telephone poles that you used as a reference also moved from frame 1 to frame 3. you're using the frame 1 reference to evaluate what's on frame 3 and then comparing that to the frame 3 object on with reference to frame 3.

Don't use anything inside the TV screen as a reference, use the TV itself.

Close up side by side look with some guides should make this clear.

QtflqiC.jpg

I see what you're talking about. I wasn't comparing them side by side, rather, I compared them by flipping through them, so I didn't see what you saw.

The answer to that is that the telephone poles that you used as a reference also moved from frame 1 to frame 3. you're using the frame 1 reference to evaluate what's on frame 3 and then comparing that to the frame 3 object on with reference to frame 3.

Don't use anything inside the TV screen as a reference, use the TV itself.

Close up side by side look with some guides should make this clear.

QtflqiC.jpg

Thanks.

You are right.

STILL discussing THIS? How about the fact you need to download a free patch for forza 5, in order for you to play it? There's a whole thread about it on NEOGAF. Everybody on NEOGAF is calling it a new DRM.

STILL discussing THIS? How about the fact you need to download a free patch for forza 5, in order for you to play it? There's a whole thread about it on NEOGAF. Everybody on NEOGAF is calling it a new DRM.

on the flip side the game runs fine offline after that without the cloud power. You lose nothing at all ...make a whole thread on that :devilish: !

Apparently you need to download a patch (how big is unsure now) in order to play.

That is, if you want to play the game the code and assets inside the blu-ray disk are not enough. Whatever the reason behind it (and that´s the matter of discussion on GAF, why they have chosen to do that), you need more content that is in MS´ servers.

And it´s strange because it´s not simply more content (more cars, more courses). If that´s the case, you just could play only with the circuits and cars that are inside the disk (more or less like the bundled version of Forza 4 for 360, that had only a portion of the complete set of content of the game offered for purchase) without connecting on-line.

Reasons behind this could be two I guess:
- The actual code that runs the game is not yet finished, and as a consecuence if you run the game with the engine as it is today you could have problems that will ruin the game experience (if that´s the case, it´s a bit frightening because the game would be really rushed... not a good thing for QA).
- Really you want to get rid of future "jack sparrow" versions of the game and ripped versions extracted from the disk. It´s a way, indeed, to assure some sort of DRM, because you can trace the connexions with on-line servers, game accounts, console status, and so on before you run the game.

Whatever the reason, is a risky practice, or at least it feels like that to me.

What I understand is that there is no 'default' AI for other cars than you, only Drivatars. The Drivatars are trained and developed up until release, and when you first get the game, it won't function until you've downloaded some Drivatars.

Of course, it's a small step to calling them Drmatars ...

So Forza 5 packaging is most likely going to be marked as requiring an Internet connection?

Where did this rumour start?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/16/forza-motorsport-5-requires-one-time-internet-connection

“So when you first boot up the game, we’re going to ask you to log in,” he explained. “And when you log in you’re going to get the Drivatars and you’re also going to get a whole bunch of content: tracks and cars. Our production schedule is such that we are putting them in as late as possible and that means making them free as downloadable content on Day One.

[But] that is required content to play the game. We basically have designed the game to work with all that content no matter how late is coming in, in order to make the biggest game possible.

People are REALLY dumb.

It's obvious that Forza 5 was relying on "always online" for the AI and now they need a one time connection to push some initial Drivatars onto your console when you first start playing. No tinfoil hats necessary.

It's an outrage! Or not. If there's a internet connection required stamp on the box, that's fine. It's probably something to do with their Drivatar bit and hitting the platform launch.

I hear internet is required for online multiplayer too. I'm online right now, thus already dead :oops:.

What I understand is that there is no 'default' AI for other cars than you, only Drivatars. The Drivatars are trained and developed up until release, and when you first get the game, it won't function until you've downloaded some Drivatars.

Of course, it's a small step to calling them Drmatars ...

Smells like BS. I think Occam's Razor would say they won't finish the content in time for the gold disc and will push the missing parts out on launch day.

Smells like BS. I think Occam's Razor would say they won't finish the content in time for the gold disc and will push the missing parts out on launch day.
Or something of both. They were working with an always connected box until very recently. And a cloud compute feature/s.

Yeah, but how hard can it possibly be to put some placeholder Drivatar A.I. on the actual disc and replace it as soon as people actually go online. It's not like the game is shipping tomorrow.

If it is all extra content, then why the hell can't the game start without it ? If it is required content, then I don't believe they are printing discs without important code and content.

Whats the big deal if I don't get a few new AI into the game. The game should function nonethless. Smells just like a simple DRM. Just like steam.

But it isn't just that. It's also apparantly a bunch of extra content that wouldn't make the disc for launch. They're "making the game at launch".

I'll have to connect to download the entire game, as well as the update/extra content, and for multiplayer.

Yeah, but how hard can it possibly be to put some placeholder Drivatar A.I. on the actual disc and replace it as soon as people actually go online. It's not like the game is shipping tomorrow.

I'm extremely sceptical of this also.

Back