Fortnite by Epic Games [PC Edition]

Any detailed impressions @eastmen ? Going to try and watch a few streams or videos around.
I'm enjoying it alot but I'm not far into it. I've had alot of work and my running training plan has been hitting hard did 11.5 miles tonight. The gun play is spot on and the building is alot of fun and easy to do. I am hoping for diffrent bad guys to fight as so far thats the biggest issue for me

I'm enjoying it alot but I'm not far into it. I've had alot of work and my running training plan has been hitting hard did 11.5 miles tonight. The gun play is spot on and the building is alot of fun and easy to do. I am hoping for diffrent bad guys to fight as so far thats the biggest issue for me
only zombies? no other type of zombies?

only zombies? no other type of zombies?
There are the base zombies , then big fat zombies that take alot of bullets and explode and then elvis zombies that throw bones from a distance. Thats all I've seen so far although my friend who is slightly further has seen 2 other types

So i got to the next mission and two new zombie types were introduce a behive head one where ass you attack it more bees come out after you and a lobber that throws bones high over walls.

Last edited:
What do you make of this comment on the card loot system in the game @eastmen?

The biggest sticking point being the card rarity based progression. It is a completely random "pay to get" model gacha system. This is because the rarity progression system is based standard diablo style rarity progression and color coding.

Standard/Common -> White/Grey
Uncommon -> Green
Rare -> Blue
Epic -> Purple
Legendary -> Orange
Mythic -> Gold

The only way to obtain a better rarity is through loot boxes (aka pinata Llamas in game). While you can make a Common hero card better through leveling and evolving it, even a maxed out common card is going to be absolute crap in comparison to a untouched Mythic rarity card.

The only way to obtain higher rarity cards is through loot boxes. Loot boxes are rewarded through game play, about 1 every 2-3 for hardcore players or about 1 a week for casuals (once ou get beyond the initial easy to do content that rewards them more often and are into the grindier endgame portion of the game). Still the randomness of the loot boxes means that you could potentially go years and never see a mythic drop. Or you can get 5 in a row! It's really that random. Whats worse is everything in the game is a "card" to use. The hero you play, the weapons you use, and the traps you create are all cards with rarity + level progression system. Since there exists no system outside loot boxes to obtain better rarity cards, the game feels like a horrible cash grab.
Doesn't sound like a system I'd like when you're already paying $40 for the game.

Thats exactly the worst part of Gears of War 4. The freaking RNG is horrible to have it so integral to player profression. I'm sure I'd hate it just the same in this game too.

Its not bad because your playing with people not against them. I'm hving alot of fun with the game but sadly haven't had as much time to play as i want

Back