Fortnite by Epic Games [PC Edition]

Well it better be I sure hope, because it looks utterly pants for being an Epic title.

I'm surprised that Epic got some ideas from Minecraft, whose concept creator stole from Infinimer and used it to get rich.

Fortnite is a blatant SourceForts rip-off.

There's been quite a history of that at Epic. There's been quite a few fan mod of the Unreal Tournament series that were then taken and made into a new game-type by Epic next time around. It a shame that they then usually abandon it instead of supporting it. Epic hasn't done anything particularly original for quite a while now, they just seem to like milking a franchise to the masses.

That looks horrible. Epic is going to lose big dropping this deuce on the pc, and blame the poor sales on piracy .

Like "look we tried, this just affirms our previous statements wrt piracy and the death of pc gaming"

so this is coming out at the end of the month , anyone thinking of getting it ? it looks interesting to me

so this is coming out at the end of the month , anyone thinking of getting it ? it looks interesting to me
Yeah I had a double-take moment when I saw videos of it come out of E3. I couldn't believe it was actually coming out, I thought it had come and gone years ago lol

Yeah I had a double-take moment when I saw videos of it come out of E3. I couldn't believe it was actually coming out, I thought it had come and gone years ago lol
it looks good from whati can see , i watched a 45 minute video and the base building and game play looks really good .

it looks good from whati can see , i watched a 45 minute video and the base building and game play looks really good .
Yes it does and I really enjoy co-op building and defense games. I think I might try this out with my son, he'll love it.

Yes it does and I really enjoy co-op building and defense games. I think I might try this out with my son, he'll love it.
let me know if you do get it , they are doing a 4 day head start if you preorder , i might pick it up if i can find people to play with

So, this is where the thread was. I looked for it in the Console games forum weeks ago and posted a new topic there about it when I didn't see it. I had completely forgotten that it used to be a PC exclusive. Doh!

Interestingly enough no-one was interested in it in the console forum. :p But yeah it looks interesting. Tower defense (Orcs Must Die style), plus base building, plus crafting, all wrapped up in horde mode with a dash of survival.

Regards,
SB

Just be aware that the game is actually F2P. You can pay to gain early access, but you don't need to pay to play the game.

It's following the model set forth by other F2P games that went into early access. Pay to get in early (often months or years early, I got in on Warframe a year earlier than most for example due to paying for a Founder's Package).

That said, they haven't said anything about when Fortnite will leave "early access" and people can play without buying a founder's pack. For all we know it could be in a few months or not until next year.

The game intrigues me, but I'm not sure I'm interested enough to buy into Early Access.

Then again, this could be like Warframe. I didn't become interested until one of the people I used to watch a lot (before their channel became Overwatch only) did a few videos on Warframe. And then I was like, I NEEDS THIS. :D Who knows maybe after I watch some streams I might change my mind.

I do find it amusing that
  • Early Access starts July 25, 2017
  • Early Access to Early Access starts July 21, 2017
Regards,
SB

Last edited:
So this is no longer a PC exclusive title.

Does anyone know if there is cross-platform play?

Nope. According to their FAQ. https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/faq

If I’m on Xbox One, can I play with my PS4 friends, or the other way around? What about PC?

Cross-platform play is not supported by Fortnite at this time.

You will have the ability to share progress between the PC/Mac version and the PS4 version as long as link your PSN account.

What about my in-game progression?
  • Cross-progression is supported on PC/Mac and PS4 only. Players must link their PSN account to their Epic ID in order to enable cross-progression. Link your accounts here.
  • Xbox One does not support cross-progression.
That's the closest to cross platform that it gets for them.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
I've been following that game since its first trailer but I have very little time to play games that aren't local multiplayer...

Back