flOwer (PSN title)

I bought it, great kind of the game for the kids and wife to watch. These types of games are the reason PSN is getting so much of my cash lately. I don't need another Space Invaders or Pac-Man release, I need original games with soul!

Heh, I knew I could find something online:

The Windmill level. It's similar to the mood and time of the game (for level 3) too.
3195583055_356f730b06.jpg

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shollingsworth/3195583055/sizes/o/

EDIT: The 2 right most structures are the electric towers (probably for routing the wind-generated electricity elsewhere). In the game, I think the devs changed them to become some sort of oil pipeline structures for contrast.

EDIT 2:
Flower by name, Flower by nature.

It....... sounds like a toilet air freshener :devilish:

Are there any questions you'd like to ask the development team, Jenovah Chen included?

When I was playing this game and noticing (at least I think I did ;) ) this game looked like a posterchild for SPE use, I remembered that one of the earliest technical presentations of the PS3 included a demo with a whole bunch of leaves on an animated grid. Considering the technical involvement of so many people including Santa Monica and such, I was wondering if I am correct if there's a direct link between the two, and at what stage that link came into being.

That is, if I remember it correctly. I can't find this video currently. Does anyone remember?

EDIT - pfew, I'm not crazy:

Are there any questions you'd like to ask the development team, Jenovah Chen included?

Yes, when will he talk to Mr. Hayao Miyazaki to make a Studio Ghibli game ?

ThatGameCompany's creations are very similar in essence to Miyazaki's work. Camp outside his office if they have to, ThatGameCompany might be one of the few teams Miyazaki would allow to touch his work.

Yes, when will he talk to Mr. Hayao Miyazaki to make a Studio Ghibli game ?

ThatGameCompany's creations are very similar in essence to Miyazaki's work. Camp outside his office if they have to, ThatGameCompany might be one of the few teams Miyazaki would allow to touch his work.

About Flower for gawds sake. Come on you've all been raving about it, there must be something you want to know.

About Flower for gawds sake. Come on you've all been raving about it, there must be something you want to know.

:LOL: Come on, stick that question in somehow. It's very important to a lot of Miyazaki fans and flOwer fans.

For flOwer specific questions, where did he get the inspiration from ? And am I right to say Vasco Road in Northern California ? :p

Any plan to reuse the control scheme for another flight game ?

How many flowers are in flower ....... I haven't played it yet.

Number of levels: 6 flower pots + 1 credit level

Number of flowers: hundreds, may be one thousand+. My kid was counting when my wife and I were playing.

:LOL: Come on, stick that question in somehow. It's very important to a lot of Miyazaki fans and flOwer fans.

For flOwer specific questions, where did he get the inspiration from ? And am I right to say Vasco Road in Northern California ? :p

OK. It's Flower, not flOwer.

Number of levels: 6 Flower Pots + 1 credit level

Number of flowers: hundreds, may be one thousand+. My kid was counting when my wife and I were playing.

Isn't there a 10,000 flower trophy?

Isn't there a 10,000 flower trophy?

Yes, but you only get that through replaying.

And where are all the technical questions - like how do you use the SPU's, what have you learnt in your first PS3 title from concept to product? What's changed since flOw? Etc etc. I hope you guys won't let me down.

And where are all the technical questions - like how do you use the SPU's, what have you learnt in your first PS3 title from concept to product? What's changed since flOw? Etc etc. I hope you guys won't let me down.

Oh brother, you want us to do your job for you ?! :devilish:

More non-tech questions:

* Why is the last second flower so sad ? Is there an Easter Egg or a hidden item to make it look more happy ?

* Any DLC add-on planned ?

Flower is not a game for asking technical questions. It's like asking for the age and measurements of a beautiful woman, but I'll try:

* The grasses is the more interesting one, compared to the leaves. How do they model the grasses ? I'd be more curious if it takes more than one SPU full load (They have PPU too !).

* The game was delayed once (or twice ?). What took them so long ? The refinement of the idea, the tuning of the controls or the technical implementation ?

Play the game to find out. ;-)

it's really about the wind... and somewhere in there, a
Halliburton

Bear would be in if they are making a honey (or food) game.

Back