FlatOut Ultimate Carnage Trailer(stunning physics!!)

chris100

Newcomer
http://xboxyde.com/leech_3821_1_en.html

Awesome video.Recommend for those enjoy seeing crazy car crash or stunning physics emulation.:D

Jeux-France said:
Announced recently, new FlatOut Ultimate Carnage envisaged exclusively on Xbox 360 is shown a little more through these new
images. The play, developed by Bugbear Entertainment, will propose a
consequent graphic improvement compared to FlatOut 2, a number of
competitors up to twelve per race and seven modes of play including
two multijoueurs modes via Xbox Live. FlatOut Ultimate Carnage is
awaited for June in Europe

speg2.jpg

WOW!
Huge amount of debris and car parts flying every where and nice looking cars and environments. I recommend to see the video posted above, incredible! :oops:

Holy smokes, I just checked out the HD trailer on ign, that game looks like a riot! Looks like Burnout will have some serious competition.

There is a demo for this game out on XBLM for those in europe.

I highly recommend the download :) It's good fun. Very tough but fun.

It really is a physics and graphics show-off. The sheer number of particles and flying objects is very impressive, the damage seems to be somewhat physics based too. Textures are very sharp, shadows and lighting are technically excellent - even things like reflections are very well done, reflecting all the chaos around.

Not many other racing games, when you crash into a tire wall, the individual tires all go flying too :)

The only downer is the audio, which is pretty average. But they did put a NZ band on the title screen for the demo :)

I bought it (360 version) on play (online summersales - only 38€) and I received it this morning and it is really really fun.

Holy cow, Batman! Arg, this fall is going to be one crazy game-fest! I have pre-ordered Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock...now, seriously considering this!!!

Number of objects with physics has been the showcase of the Flatout games. Impressive amount of stuff and objects flying around when things starts to get hectic (more than any other car game IMO). :D

Flatout 2 LAN multiplayer is a total party game - this is going to be an awesome title over LIVE. Kinda peeved that this won't get released until sept over the side of the pond though.

Holy smokes, I just checked out the HD trailer on ign, that game looks like a riot! Looks like Burnout will have some serious competition.

It runs at 30 fps. I think that Burnout will accomplish all of this at 60. That said. I did have fun with the demo. I got it with my UK account.

It seems like Burnout is focussing more on how a collision destroys a car, whereas FlatOut is trying to push the number of objects that a car can crash into and destroy.

To me the latter is more impressive technically (due to stability issues of many free bodies and handling more objects), but the former is more visually impressive, especially in slow motion. Burnout has better lighting, too. Much better artwork, IMO.

Flatout 2 LAN multiplayer is a total party game - this is going to be an awesome title over LIVE. Kinda peeved that this won't get released until sept over the side of the pond though.

Everything I've read suggests the net play in flatout:UC is some of the best around, which is seriously, seriously tempting me... I'm guessing they keep all the physics client side.
I just wish it wasn't full price here :( (it's a budget title in the UK)

OK, I've just tried this out. Its basically Flatout 2 on steriods; anyone familiar with FO2 will certainly know this, perhaps to the point where you may feel ripped off.

I think all the courses in the demo are in FO2, the main difference being there is a shitload more stuff flying around and they've applied shaders all over the place for better bump mapped surfaces, water in the flood canal courses and all kinds of post processing. Number of cars has been upped to 12 and they've applied a bunch of new stuff to the demolition derbys - i.e. 3 lives now and collectables that change the properties of your car for a while.

Curious thing is that I can see a lot of negative repuation given out over live with people not understanding that are are still supposed to be pretty ruthless with your driving even in a straight race! :devilish:

I have never played the Flatout games before, so this game was all new to me. It was recommended by a colleague who's been raving about it. It is without doubt the most fun I have had with a game for ages. Its controlled chaos and the sheer amount of stuff that’s going on can be overwhelming. Stuff literally flies all over the place and its all interactive, rocks in the middle of the road can driven into and used as unguided missiles, really neat when they make contact with another car. It also manages to make it blinding obvious which bit buildings and trackside detail dismantle on impact and which don’t (drive into a brick house or large dumper truck and you stop, hit a wooden shack and it explodes in shards) loads of games get this wrong. I think that people are going to be generally surprised on how good this game looks and plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were quite well known for their own physics engine on the PS2 and Xbox. Looks like they are benefitting from having their own engine now, as they can tune it exactly to the needs of this particular game. Look forward to seeing this game in action sometime.

Oh and thanks, Mintmaster, for setting me right on the Google/Havok/Flatout thing. When I googled it, I got 10 different language versions of the same mistaken article that said Flatout used Havok. Sorry for questioning your Google skills. ;)

Back